Josh Hancock - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Josh Hancock

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Fri May 04, 2007 11:47 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
Police Chief Joe Mokwa said 8.55 grams of marijuana were found in Hancock's car.

just wondering, is marijuana prevalent among major leaguers or st. louis ball players? i remember when darryl kile passed away they found marijuana in his hotel room also.

I remember hearing that rumor, but I never heard any official confirmation of that.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri May 04, 2007 11:51 am

StlSluggers wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:
Police Chief Joe Mokwa said 8.55 grams of marijuana were found in Hancock's car.

just wondering, is marijuana prevalent among major leaguers or st. louis ball players? i remember when darryl kile passed away they found marijuana in his hotel room also.

I remember hearing that rumor, but I never heard any official confirmation of that.

i think it was pretty much confirmed, i remember the doctors/coroners coming out to say that the marijuana had nothing to do with his death though.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri May 04, 2007 1:24 pm

Drunk, possibly high and talking on a cell phone while speeding and not wearing a seatbelt. Good show, Josh.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Doughhead » Fri May 04, 2007 1:53 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Drunk, possibly high and talking on a cell phone while speeding and not wearing a seatbelt. Good show, Josh.

Not that this diminishes the tragedy--perhaps even makes it seem more senseless and preventable--but what a terribly irresponsible act. Thank God nobody else was hurt or killed.

How come these millionaire ballplayers (and Hancock's own manager for that matter!) can't ever seem to afford a cab?
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby greenandgold » Fri May 04, 2007 1:57 pm

StlSluggers wrote:It's official. He was completely drunk (0.157 BAC) and not wearing a seat belt. However, that wouldn't have saved him. The flat-bed tow truck he ran into basically took his head off, which brings up one of my favorite pet peeves. Why are so many vehicles allowed to be constructed in such deadly designs? Flat-bed tow trucks, those tall delivery vans, even some school buses... A girl from my high school was killed when she rear-ended a school bus at 15 mph. It basically took her head off.

Blame Reagan. There were many social movements in the 70's aimed at consumer protection, notably the Nader Raiders. Reagan's legacy is deregulation and removal of oversight in the name of Capitalism.
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby chadlincoln » Fri May 04, 2007 1:58 pm

greenandgold wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:It's official. He was completely drunk (0.157 BAC) and not wearing a seat belt. However, that wouldn't have saved him. The flat-bed tow truck he ran into basically took his head off, which brings up one of my favorite pet peeves. Why are so many vehicles allowed to be constructed in such deadly designs? Flat-bed tow trucks, those tall delivery vans, even some school buses... A girl from my high school was killed when she rear-ended a school bus at 15 mph. It basically took her head off.

Blame Reagan. There were many social movements in the 70's aimed at consumer protection, notably the Nader Raiders. Reagan's legacy is deregulation and removal of oversight in the name of Capitalism.
:-? Are you serious?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jswede » Fri May 04, 2007 2:32 pm

greenandgold wrote:

I agree - Reagan sure was great. I'd add to his legacy ending to Cold War and pulling the economy out of stagflation and on to the greatest boom in the history of the world.

but I'm getting off the point - what's this flat-bed-truck-on-the-side-of-the-highway regulation bill he vetoed?
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:36 pm

While I'm not a big Reaganite, I have to think that flatbed tow trucks are necessary in some situations and that it would not be cost effective to put bumpers on them all at this point.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby byfrcp » Fri May 04, 2007 2:39 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Drunk, possibly high and talking on a cell phone while speeding and not wearing a seatbelt. Good show, Josh.

I saw that on ESPN, what could he have been thinking? Could he even add anything to that to make it more dangerous? Maybe eating a hamburger at the same time? I just can't understand what makes people do something like that.

And who was he talking to on the phone? If someone called me drunk and driving, there's no way I'd keep talking to them..
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri May 04, 2007 2:45 pm

byfrcp wrote:And who was he talking to on the phone? If someone called me drunk and driving, there's no way I'd keep talking to them..

Can you possibly imagine what it must have been like to be on the phone with him when that happened?

I mean, when you realized later what happened... :-{
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers