What is the best youtube video ever? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What is the best youtube video ever?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What is the best youtube video ever?

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:24 pm

Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I'm all for appreciating our troops, but this is just dumb:

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php

Curious as to why you think it's "dumb".

I think it's kind of cool to come up with a way for more people to show their appreciation to the men and women who put their lives on the line in order for all of us to have the freedoms we enjoy. Most people don't have the stones to say "thank you", so why is coming up with something for those people "stupid"? Would it be the whole point of having to do that because the country lacks stones? If so, then I agree.

I agree and I disagree. The whole hand over the heart gesture is pretty silly and anybody would feel like a tool doing that. But the sentiment of saying thanks is a good one. I'm a big veterans day guy and give thanks to the people who fought in the World Wars but there is no reason we should have to wait for a war to be over or for soldiers to die before we say thanks to the soldiers defending us, regardless of what we think of the war itself.

That being said I think that the soldiers would much rather see an end to the stop loss policy, an end to the reneging on college tuition and bonuses and renewed funding of veterans programs. That would go a lot further than the hand over the heart gesture.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Madison wrote:

Curious as to why you think it's "dumb".

I think it's kind of cool to come up with a way for more people to show their appreciation to the men and women who put their lives on the line in order for all of us to have the freedoms we enjoy. Most people don't have the stones to say "thank you", so why is coming up with something for those people "stupid"? Would it be the whole point of having to do that because the country lacks stones? If so, then I agree.

Don't think I don't want to thank them, but I would be 85% of the soldiers would have no idea why people are making that gesture at them. Shoot... Some of the people in that video looked like they had no clue.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:35 pm

One more thing about this video. It said to wear red on Fridays to show support for the troops. That's strange b/c my sister told me that means something else. She works for a big company in Richmond and years ago they banned confederate flags on company property. You weren't allowed to have them up in your car or wear one on your clothes. Many people got mad and they started wearing red on Fridays in protest. The red shirts were supposed to be worn in place of the flag. She said it's a big thing and that hundreds of people have been doing it for years. Anybody heard about something like this?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Madison » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

One more thing about this video. It said to wear red on Fridays to show support for the troops. That's strange b/c my sister told me that means something else. She works for a big company in Richmond and years ago they banned confederate flags on company property. You weren't allowed to have them up in your car or wear one on your clothes. Many people got mad and they started wearing red on Fridays in protest. The red shirts were supposed to be worn in place of the flag. She said it's a big thing and that hundreds of people have been doing it for years. Anybody heard about something like this?

Hadn't heard that, but confederate flags aren't too unusual here. They aren't everywhere and you most likely won't see one per day or anything, but I still see one occasionally.

JT, I get what you're saying and my response would be a book most likely (not due to you, just the situation), so I haven't decided if I'm going to type it all up or not just yet. :-D For now, suffice it to say that if that trend were to gain steam, enlisted military would informed and well aware of what it meant. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

I know bigHort likes to wear a red shirt and go to Disneyland once every year, but I think that's for a totally different purpose. :-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:45 am

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Russell James » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:57 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sCbdXNZ5d0

Love anything Jake Byrd is in.
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:04 pm

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:04 pm

2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Simulacrum wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8SAjN34KS4

What an idiot. :-b

Can't believe you made me watch that! :-C
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk