Kevin Kouzmanoff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kevin Kouzmanoff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby soty » Sat May 26, 2007 10:21 pm

Would you drop Beltre for him? I know its not the correct forum to ask this, but I figured I would get some good responses here. ;-D

FYI: 12 TEAM - H2H - MAX MOVES 66(14)
R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat May 26, 2007 11:48 pm

Beltre really stinks. I'd probably go ahead and do it. Kouz has much more upside. WTF was up with 2004 BTW? Beltre with almost 50? It must have been a crazy dream.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby soty » Sun May 27, 2007 10:06 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:Beltre really stinks. I'd probably go ahead and do it. Kouz has much more upside. WTF was up with 2004 BTW? Beltre with almost 50? It must have been a crazy dream.
OK thanks for the advice. I think I am going to post this question in the Draft, Trade and Waiver section to see what others think. Thanks again. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby Ender » Sun May 27, 2007 10:21 am

davidmarver wrote:
Ender wrote:
Uhh, i'd imagine most homeruns are hit off pitcher mistakes, i.e. pitches right down the middle, hangers, etc. Well Vlad may be an exception to this. Good hitters hit pitching mistakes out of the park. Are we going to point this out for every homerun?

Good hitters hit good pitches out of the park as well.

Okay, well in Petco, good hitters often don't hit mistake pitches out of the park. The fact that Kouzmanoff did it on the heels of two other homeruns -- one a no doubter and the other an opposite field blast -- lends credence to the fact that he is a power hitter.

Never said he wasn't, I just stated what kind of pitch it was for those who were thinking about picking him up but were unsure. This site is so frustrating at times with people thinking every single post has some hidden agenda behind it(thats not directed at davidmarver, I'm talking in general).
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wrveres » Sun May 27, 2007 10:24 am

Ender wrote: This site is so frustrating at times with people thinking every single post has some hidden agenda behind it.

hmm, I wonder what ender really meant ;-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)

Postby Cyclone177 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:34 am

RynoDyno wrote:I wouldn't care if they put the ball on a tee, dressed it up with a side of corn, turkey and some gravy and said "enjoy". As long as he keeps baking those sweet potato pies, consider me a hungry patron of the Kouz Kafe.

OOORDER UP!

Mmmmm..... Gravy.
Cyclone177
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun May 27, 2007 2:59 pm

yossarian wrote:Eh. I got him for nothing off the wire. I'll ride him as long as he's hot. As long as you don't have to drop somebody of value, I don't see what the problem is with picking him up and riding his hot streak. What do you have to lose with this? What's the point of arguing against picking him up, at least short term?

I guess I would say that if you are always chasing the guy who was hot last week, you are very much in danger of either dumping or missing out on picking up the guys that will be good for a longer period of time.
"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it."
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Sun May 27, 2007 3:02 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
yossarian wrote:Eh. I got him for nothing off the wire. I'll ride him as long as he's hot. As long as you don't have to drop somebody of value, I don't see what the problem is with picking him up and riding his hot streak. What do you have to lose with this? What's the point of arguing against picking him up, at least short term?

I guess I would say that if you are always chasing the guy who was hot last week, you are very much in danger of either dumping or missing out on picking up the guys that will be good for a longer period of time.

I like playing the hot hand. I usually have about two spots on my roster that I rotate in and out with whoever is hot. It works if you do it right.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dooz » Sun May 27, 2007 3:18 pm

I do this in certain circumstances. For instance, in my keeper league, I have Andy LaRoche on my minor league squad. During the draft, I tried to fill other long term needs early in the draft. Equipped with only Rolen at 3B, I picked up youkilis shortly after the start of the season. One (of Rolen/Youk) will have to go if I want to retain control of LaRoche, but the production I have gotten thus far from 3B as been invaluable.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun May 27, 2007 5:00 pm

Yoda wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:

I like playing the hot hand. I usually have about two spots on my roster that I rotate in and out with whoever is hot. It works if you do it right.

I'd like to see the proof. Anything works 'if you do it right". But, this particular strategy assumes that you can predict the future. Since lots of evidence shows it is impossible to tell who will be hot next week based on who is currently hot, I have a lot fo skepticism about this.

To be clear, by proof, I'd want evidence that the pick-ups you make based on who you think has the hot hand consistently outperform a player randomly selected from among the top 25 players available as a free agent. If you are willing to participate, I'm willing to help keep track of the data.
"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it."
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers