Kevin Kouzmanoff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kevin Kouzmanoff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri May 25, 2007 4:43 pm

I missed the game on Wed but they showed the 'highlight' of his tater last night and it was a horrible hanging changeup pretty much floating right down the pipe. If he hadn't hit it out, he should have been sent down.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri May 25, 2007 4:54 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:While it's true that Kouzmanoff constantly plays younger competition, it's also true that he lost a couple years of his development to injury and his development time isn't any longer than a typical prospect. My concern with his is his lack of extra base power, he was basically a very good singles hitter with occasional power who doesn't draw walks in the minors. And I wasn't too sure how that'll translate to the majors, oh well, traded him in a package for Rios preseason, not my problem. I still think he can hit .280 with at least 15 HR power in the majors, if with bad OBP numbers.

As I've said before, I don't think bringing up injury time should IMPROVE your projection for a player. The fact that Kouz lost time to injury in the minors should lead you to assume that he will also lose time to injury in the majors. Kouz has a major back problem that will plague him his entire career. 3B is one of the WORST positions to play if you have a back problem. This is all less relevant for his immediate performance, but his injury history in the minors should cause you to downgrade your rating, not upgrade it.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby thedude » Fri May 25, 2007 7:37 pm

He was 25 and playing in double A last year. He could be Uggla or he could be Brian Daubach.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby Birds05 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:47 pm

Kouzy with the Grand Dame. Sweet.
Birds05
College Coach
College Coach

Postby captoats85 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:08 am

Someone cut Glaus for Kouzmanoff in my 10 team mixed league with 26 man rosters. That person also has ARam.

Glaus has sucked lately, and has that heel problem.

Surprising?
captoats85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ender » Sat May 26, 2007 12:11 am

Not saying anything negative about him but Bush K'd Bard and the ump called it ball 4(on a check swing half a foot past the plate) and then he threw one right down the middle of the plate for a HR. Obviously a lot of guys still don't hit the HR but that was not a HR off a good pitch or anything, it was a spring training job.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Postby davidmarver » Sat May 26, 2007 12:31 am

Ender wrote:Not saying anything negative about him but Bush K'd Bard and the ump called it ball 4(on a check swing half a foot past the plate) and then he threw one right down the middle of the plate for a HR. Obviously a lot of guys still don't hit the HR but that was not a HR off a good pitch or anything, it was a spring training job.

Jeez, what's Kouz got to do to prove his power? Would an opposite field HR or a 438 foot bomb (third furthest in Petco ever) convince you otherwise?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Morrison8312 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:40 am

captoats85 wrote:Someone cut Glaus for Kouzmanoff in my 10 team mixed league with 26 man rosters. That person also has ARam.

Glaus has sucked lately, and has that heel problem.

Surprising?

Yes
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ender » Sat May 26, 2007 12:45 am

davidmarver wrote:
Ender wrote:Not saying anything negative about him but Bush K'd Bard and the ump called it ball 4(on a check swing half a foot past the plate) and then he threw one right down the middle of the plate for a HR. Obviously a lot of guys still don't hit the HR but that was not a HR off a good pitch or anything, it was a spring training job.

Jeez, what's Kouz got to do to prove his power? Would an opposite field HR or a 438 foot bomb (third furthest in Petco ever) convince you otherwise?

Like I said, not anything negative about him but its the simple truth, that pitch was gift wrapped down the middle and he gave it a ride. You can come up with some dump conspiracy theory about me not liking your player but in reality its the simple truth.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat May 26, 2007 1:12 am

Ender wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Like I said, not anything negative about him but its the simple truth, that pitch was gift wrapped down the middle and he gave it a ride. You can come up with some dump conspiracy theory about me not liking your player but in reality its the simple truth.

such a downer
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers