Delgado Has Hit My Last Nerve - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Delgado Has Hit My Last Nerve

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delgado Has Hit My Last Nerve

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:37 pm

I dont know how any other Delgado owner's feel but I am ready to pickup Mike Jacobs or put in my backup Casey Kotchman. It's not only his non production in the HR, RBI and Run department that stinks but his Batting Average is killing me every week....whats worse is looking at the rest of the Met's stats and then seeing his .190 batting average. He consistently strands batters and trust me they are getting on base in Shea. He has been in a slump since opening day and is it time to cut loose or ride it out....and if so for how long....I have one more week worth of patience left in me.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Delgado Has Hit My Last Nerve

Postby chiswede » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:48 pm

BronxBomber2007 wrote:I dont know how any other Delgado owner's feel but I am ready to pickup Mike Jacobs or put in my backup Casey Kotchman. It's not only his non production in the HR, RBI and Run department that stinks but his Batting Average is killing me every week....whats worse is looking at the rest of the Met's stats and then seeing his .190 batting average. He consistently strands batters and trust me they are getting on base in Shea. He has been in a slump since opening day and is it time to cut loose or ride it out....and if so for how long....I have one more week worth of patience left in me.

I'm sick of him. I benched him for next week and put Fielder at 1st. Stuck Kelly Johnson in my utility spot. His stats are so bad that he's not even trade bait at this point, but I'm not ready to cut him loose just yet. He's only one year removed from 38HRs!

Biggest bust on my team by a long shot though, and has probably cost me at least one head to head matchup.
10 Team Yahoo Private League Record
2003-1st
2004-1st
2005-2nd
2006-1st
2007-1st
2008-1st
2009-8th
2010-2nd
2011-10th
chiswede
College Coach
College Coach

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:30 pm

He was on my do-not-draft list. ;-D
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Puban666 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:14 pm

man even if his production does drop a lil he has that 10 straight seasons of 30+ homeruns he'll come around eventually just let him ride the pine awhile.
Puban666
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:30 pm

What stinks even worse is that I waited on my 1st basemen and the next 1st Basemen on my list to draft was Adrian Gonzalez.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Delgado Update

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:34 pm

He is now 0-4....he was only 0-2 when I originally posted this message....and now his batting average has dipped to .187
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:44 pm

im a mets fan and am trading him. his avg wont get any better than past few years, itll prob be at a sad 250 this year. his 30 hrs will prob be good and rbis once he gets back into the groove but i dont think hes worth it anymore.
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:01 am

OneLoveBoomer wrote:He was on my do-not-draft list. ;-D

Same, as was Ryan Howard. Unfortunately I got talked into taking him over Miggy with the 4th pick.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 06MetsAllTheWay » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:33 am

He'll break out of it. He had a 2 month stretch like this last year. Now its a question of do want to be that patient? If you can then you'll get your 30 and 100 but if you can't wait then look to trade him but when he breaks out he will break out big.
06MetsAllTheWay
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:48 pm

As a Sexson owner, I'm kind of in the same boat. I think the only thing you really can do that won't come back to bite you would be to just sit him for a while. You won't get fair value in a trade, and dropping him could be disastrous (just ask Sexson owners who dropped him last year..)

My advice: let him sit until he heats up. If he does, great. If he doesn't, you only lose a bench spot...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates