A few questions from a new guy ???????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A few questions from a new guy ????????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:12 pm

That is a Grand Canyon size "IF". At his age, off of the problems last season, why would you want to deal with that sort of risk as opposed to picking another very very good player. Risk/reward simply is not worth it IMO. I let someone else sweat that one out and if he stays healthy and performs for the guy, so be it. Not like I am picking up a stiff instead. Mulder, ZIto, etc. or a top slugger is just fine with me.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:16 pm

1.If he is healthy this year, should I consider taking Randy Johnson in the first round this year?
NO

2.Should I rate Met's 2B/SS Jose Reyes as a top 5 second base sleeper? Reyes had 47R, 5HR, 32RBI, 13SB, .307AVG. He played in 69 games and had 274AB last season.
Sleeper yes..top 5 no.

3.Is Nick Johnson a top 10 first baseman now that he is playing for the Expos?
no way. maybe top 20

4.Now that Vlad Guerrero is an Angel, will it help or hurt the Angel's new RF Jose Guillen's fantasy value?
I have no idea. Maybe he'll go to LF. I know anderson is going to Center.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Madison » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:33 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
Erboes wrote:1) You can get Johnson later. Probably late third or early fourth. Spend you first on something else.

2) Reyes is a top 5 2b sleeper, but not a top 5 rated 2b. I'd give the kid another year or two to settle in then you have something.

3) I think it's a bit too early to say for sure about Johnson. I like the kid a lot, but there's some tough competition for the top 10 at 1B. It could happen, but with his injury history I think I'd rather take a chance on a Sweeney.

4) Yes, in my opinion, Guillen will take a bit of a hit. The reason being, they've got to get some at bats for their bench OF's, and they certainly aren't to sit Guerrero or Anderson. Salmon (at DH) and Guillen both lose a couple bucks in my book. You would think a trade would be possible, but Salmon isn't moveable and Guillen just signed. If anyone goes, it would have to be Anderson and I find that hard to imagine.

Pretty solid thinking.... ;-D

I agree. Nice post. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: A few questions from a new guy ????????

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:57 am

1.No
2.No
3.No
4.Help
:-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)