House - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

House

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

House

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:20 pm

I can't get enough of this show. I watch it whenever its on USA. I don't know why I find it so appealing, every show is basically the same thing, but still I think the cast is superb and I think House's personality makes the show what it is. The writing is fantastic too
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: House

Postby Coppermine » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:32 pm

sportsaddict wrote:I can't get enough of this show. I watch it whenever its on USA. I don't know why I find it so appealing, every show is basically the same thing, but still I think the cast is superb and I think House's personality makes the show what it is. The writing is fantastic too

Every single show has the same inevitable proression of diagnosis... it's a chest cold, no, wait... it's a virus! No, no, no, they're faking it, is Munchausen! Oh, uh oh, wait... it's a tumor!!! No, no, that's can't be it, the biopsy was NEGATIVE!!! OK, OK, you, British guy, what do you think it is?

British guy: "House I think you're awesome"

Shut up! I need to think, go fetch me a latte. Hmm, it's a venereal disease, they're faking... someone call in the parents/wife/husband/wife/girlfriend/cousin so I can delve into their sexual history! You two... black guy and hot chick, go to the patient's house and smell their underwear.

We need to operate now... going, going, going... "House, we found POISON!"

Stop the operation!!!!! It's just poison, you'll be fine. oh yeah, and you have a tumor.

That's House in a nutshell. That said, the show is great. I watch it every week despite it's repetitiveness and because nothings on Tuesdays.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ThatDude » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Coppermine wrote:nothings on Tuesdays.

The best show on television is on Tuesdays.

It's called The Shield.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:46 pm

I've always enjoyed it. Sure, it usually has the same A-B-C progression, but it is usually engaging and interesting.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:12 pm

It's good, it's one of the shows I watch on Tuesdays.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:57 pm

I have been told that I look and act a lot like House. I've had no less than 10 people tell me that.

I'm not sure if it's a complement.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby darwin1971 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:02 pm

ThatDude wrote:
Coppermine wrote:nothings on Tuesdays.

The best show on television is on Tuesdays.

It's called The Shield.

Word.
darwin1971
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:21 pm

Coppermine wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:I can't get enough of this show. I watch it whenever its on USA. I don't know why I find it so appealing, every show is basically the same thing, but still I think the cast is superb and I think House's personality makes the show what it is. The writing is fantastic too

Every single show has the same inevitable proression of diagnosis... it's a chest cold, no, wait... it's a virus! No, no, no, they're faking it, is Munchausen! Oh, uh oh, wait... it's a tumor!!! No, no, that's can't be it, the biopsy was NEGATIVE!!! OK, OK, you, British guy, what do you think it is?

British guy: "House I think you're awesome"

Shut up! I need to think, go fetch me a latte. Hmm, it's a venereal disease, they're faking... someone call in the parents/wife/husband/wife/girlfriend/cousin so I can delve into their sexual history! You two... black guy and hot chick, go to the patient's house and smell their underwear.

We need to operate now... going, going, going... "House, we found POISON!"

Stop the operation!!!!! It's just poison, you'll be fine. oh yeah, and you have a tumor.

That's House in a nutshell. That said, the show is great. I watch it every week despite it's repetitiveness and because nothings on Tuesdays.

Yeah basically every episode is like that. He's my detailed episode guide: :-D

1. Random person collapses somewhere for no reason

2. House and the doctors all have no idea whats going on, House rips on them for being idiots

3. House meets with another patient and makes fun of them because their illness is either very minor or the person is an idiot

4. Doctors start sniping at each other, relationship problems, etc. House makes fun of all of them.

5. Meanwhile, patient is getting worse and worse and weirder things keep happening, eliminating possibility after possibility

6. House and the doctors make a breakthrough, but there's a question as to if they should do an MRI, surgery, whatever.

7. House makes a decision that everyone thinks is stupid, and then he finds out what's wrong because he's the best doctor in the world and the smartest man on the face of the earth

8. everything is back to normal
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokeyjoe » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:53 pm

House seems too much like Dr. Cox on Scrubs, which is one of my favorite shows (although its been going down hill lately) so I've been wary of watching house. I've heard mostly good things though, so I might check it out at some point.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:22 pm

I watched the first show ever and school kept me from watching. I have seen the last two.

"Sir, your penis enhancement cream has caused your children to acquire high elevations of sex hormones. They're not going to die."

"So, I should just change lotions?"

"Uhhh, no. Try dating someone your own age."
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 379)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Next

Return to General Talk