Yahoo fantasy cheaters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo fantasy cheaters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bolts801 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:57 am

ya, I think I ran across this guy last year. :)

I saw 4 signups for my league all within 1 hour of each other. I looked at all his yahoo handles, and they all had some similarity to them. It was too funny. I busted him cold before the league started.

his handles would be like

mlbwolfey@yahoo
then like
mailmanwolf@yahoo

or maybe like
wlfkid82@yahoo

and once more

patwulf@yahoo

it was like ..GEE.. I wonder if all 4 of these handles are the same guy.. what an idiot..

once again i confronted him on it, and he replied back in dis belief and said he signed up 3 of his friends FOR THEM .. ya right!!

needless to say I booted 2 only in sympathy, and the 2 teams that remained never ever competed in the league except for the first 2 weeks, then his moves went dead.

Li'l fugger. He botched my league. Thats what makes me the most upset. Those other 2 spots I didn't delete could have been a couple of honest cool joes instead of some 12 year old cheat. :(
"Before becoming rich and famous. Just try being rich first."

Bill Murray.
bolts801
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:05 am

As much as I like how Yahoo keeps track of your fantasy past performances with trophies and such, I think it encourages people to cheat.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:24 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:The specific example you provided doesn't sound that bad but if you said you looked them up and one of them always won then they're definitely up to something.

The specific example IS that bad, and there's plenty of evidence to support cheating.

Obviously Gagne for Lilly wa intended to be a buy low on Gagne. When the cheather saw Gagne get hurt and Lilly continue to dominate, he traded back with himself under the premise that Gagne was "damaged goods."

Yeah right, if you were the Lilly recipient and someone tried to trade you Gagne back you're going to take it?

The fact that they all play in the same league and the same guy wins every time is the nail in the coffin.

This guy should be banned from yahoo altogether.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby mbuser » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:33 pm

josebach wrote:As much as I like how Yahoo keeps track of your fantasy past performances with trophies and such, I think it encourages people to cheat.

unfortunately, cheating was rampant well before the fantasy profile was introduced. if it's a public league, make sure to report it to customer care
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby kingman33 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:49 pm

Thanks for the insight on this topic I thought and hoped it has not happened before to any other leagues...I guess thats the way of the world....
kingman33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:53 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:The specific example you provided doesn't sound that bad but if you said you looked them up and one of them always won then they're definitely up to something.

The specific example IS that bad, and there's plenty of evidence to support cheating.

Obviously Gagne for Lilly wa intended to be a buy low on Gagne. When the cheather saw Gagne get hurt and Lilly continue to dominate, he traded back with himself under the premise that Gagne was "damaged goods."

Yeah right, if you were the Lilly recipient and someone tried to trade you Gagne back you're going to take it?

The fact that they all play in the same league and the same guy wins every time is the nail in the coffin.

This guy should be banned from yahoo altogether.

OK, well I disagree. It's not that bad to me. I could see a situation where someone trades back because they traded someone who was hurt. Sure, maybe you wouldn't do it but it's not unfathomable. Not every league is a cut throat money league.

I said the guy was a cheater given the other stuff he said, but as an independent incident the trade back is really nothing I would be shocked at.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers