Yahoo fantasy cheaters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo fantasy cheaters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo fantasy cheaters

Postby kingman33 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Has anybody ever had anybody cheat in there league? I currently have four managers who are trying to make bad trades on there end to boost another team. Recently 2 teams traded Gagne for Lilly,when Gagne went on the D.L. the teams wanted to trade back because of damaged goods....I have never heard of such a thing. The reswap was shot down. I checked the hidtory of these four teams and they have all been in the same leagues together for the past four years with the same team always on top. The theory I have drawn is this person uses the other theams to build one great team through trades. As a league we will continue to vetoe any odd trades and stop this from happening...I know I might be overly suspisious but all the pieces seem to be falling into place...
kingman33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rhydderch » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:34 pm

Ya I've heard of this happening. So people are just losers who have nothing better to do that cheat in free leagues.
Rhydderch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby janssenlbd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:57 pm

I don't get it. I have played fantasy sports with friends for a couple years now, but $$$$ was always on the line in some form. In those instances, I can understand the motive behind cheating (although nobody has ever done it in my leagues).

I played a yahoo public league back in 2004 and am actually playing two this year. I still havent encountered any cheating, but have heard several stories from people on this fourm. What motivates people to cheat in one of these leagues?? There is nothing on the line, right?
C: Barrett
1b: Teixeira
2b: Upton
SS: Rollins
3b: Braun
OF: Soriano, Lee, Rios
Util: Holliday
BN: Atkins, Hart, A. Jones

SP: Santana, Halladay
RP: Putz, Papelbon
P: Lincecum, Ol. Perez, Bush
BN: Gallardo, Sheets(DL), P. Martinez(DL)
janssenlbd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:55 pm

janssenlbd wrote:I don't get it. I have played fantasy sports with friends for a couple years now, but $$$$ was always on the line in some form. In those instances, I can understand the motive behind cheating (although nobody has ever done it in my leagues).

I played a yahoo public league back in 2004 and am actually playing two this year. I still havent encountered any cheating, but have heard several stories from people on this fourm. What motivates people to cheat in one of these leagues?? There is nothing on the line, right?

I think some people just can't stop until their team looks like this:

C- McCann
1B- Pujols
2B- Utley
3B- ARod
SS- Reyes
OF- Beltran, Vlad, Sizemore
Util- Soriano

SPs- Santana, Sheets, Peavy, Zambrano, Sabathia
RPs- Rivera, Papelbon, KRod, Nathan

Whether money is on the line or not, to some it would be worth it to cheat to get there.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby bleach168 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:06 pm

I've played in all sorts of online games and cheating is prevalent in every game.

It's very hard to prove collusion. Usually you can only suspect it. Sadly, I bet more often than not, the cheater gets away with it. Toss in the anonymity of the internet leaving no repercussions of getting caught and there will be rampant cheating.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby KronJon » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:08 pm

Yeah, there's cheating going on right now in a free yahoo league I am in. The guy dropped Joe Nathan, and the person with #1 waiver spot was in first place but had only one closer. What a coincidence? Then a week later the same two teams made a trade of Johnny Damon for Overbay.

:-t
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kingman33 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:40 pm

When I asked the managers if they were the same people he laughed and said it was crazy and then the other manager responded in disbelief...guess what they once again sighned in 10 min apart.....
kingman33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:43 pm

The specific example you provided doesn't sound that bad but if you said you looked them up and one of them always won then they're definitely up to something.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby packerfan1964 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:04 pm

yeah it happens
packerfan1964
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kingman33 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:58 am

I will never understand a person who has to cheat at something which is purley fantasy...it seems to defeat the purpose...its a big world and it takes all kinds to make it go round...lol
kingman33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers