Garza Time? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Garza Time?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pirates4Life » Thu May 03, 2007 9:55 am

Inukchuk wrote:I third that motion. Slowey has been ridiculous so far. He's been compared to Brad Radke (which should go over well in Minny) with strikeouts. Garza still needs to work on his control a bit (10BB in 19IP).


... and 5 of his walks came in his first start of the year.

Since that start and including his 6 innings last night, he's got a 24:6 K:BB ratio in hist last 21 2/3 innings. His ERA over those starts is 3.32 and his last two starts have been excellent.

Slowey deserves a shot, but I like Garza a lot more for long-term success.
Pirates4Life
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 151
Joined: 6 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 03, 2007 2:30 pm

Slowey's numbers are just plain nasty. ;-D

Garza was crap in ST wasn't he?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Drunken Rhino » Thu May 03, 2007 2:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:Slowey's numbers are just plain nasty. ;-D

Garza was crap in ST wasn't he?


If I remember correctly, Garza was the Twins 2nd best pitcher during ST.
Image
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1473
Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Inukchuk » Fri May 04, 2007 3:30 pm

Pirates4Life wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:I third that motion. Slowey has been ridiculous so far. He's been compared to Brad Radke (which should go over well in Minny) with strikeouts. Garza still needs to work on his control a bit (10BB in 19IP).


... and 5 of his walks came in his first start of the year.

Since that start and including his 6 innings last night, he's got a 24:6 K:BB ratio in hist last 21 2/3 innings. His ERA over those starts is 3.32 and his last two starts have been excellent.

Slowey deserves a shot, but I like Garza a lot more for long-term success.


Wow, I had no idea he's been doing so well recently. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep an eye on him...
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri May 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Slowey's numbers are just plain nasty. ;-D

Garza was crap in ST wasn't he?


If I remember correctly, Garza was the Twins 2nd best pitcher during ST.


He was. Garza's ERA was something like 1.50 in ST, he was excellent.
Image

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 801
Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Dinkytown

Postby bigwords » Fri May 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Wait, is it now time to start a 60-page thread about Garza ? Or should we put the Cafe's collective power towards throwing pins at the voodoo doll of Brewers, Reds, or Indians starter nobody cares about? What's the masterplan?
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1026
Joined: 7 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crimedogg32 » Fri May 04, 2007 3:38 pm

cant wait for the next few years as a Twins fan. Johan, Liriano, Garza, Slowey, Perkins/Ortiz/Silva/Boof/Veteran.
Crimedogg32
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 299
Joined: 30 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Target Field

Postby bigwords » Fri May 04, 2007 3:42 pm

As a Twins fan, would you mind if they traded Liriano/Garza/Slowey for some hitting help? Just curious.
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1026
Joined: 7 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crimedogg32 » Fri May 04, 2007 3:45 pm

bigwords wrote:As a Twins fan, would you mind if they traded Liriano/Garza/Slowey for some hitting help? Just curious.


Really dont need that much help on offense. This lineup right now can all hit for average and from what I heard got people who can play in CF and 2B for Castillo and Hunter next year. That being said I wouldnt mind trading Garza for Slowey if we could actually get a right handed power bat but its unlikely the Twins would wants to pay the big power hitters.
Crimedogg32
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 299
Joined: 30 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Target Field

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact