Pokerplaya
Chris
Darwin - Doctor
Teddy - Towny
Wake - Mafia
TBM - Investigator
BBallFann - Towny
Snakes - Towny

2 votes needed for a Day 4 lynching....if the lynching is a towny the mafia wins....
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Thu May 10, 2007 10:10 am

BaseballFann0008 wrote:In case i Get whacked townies make sure you lynch poker because when Wake said he "investigated" someone and that they where innocent it was Poker.

Vote: Poker

How would that make any sense? Wow...just wow...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby chris8 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:17 am

pokerplaya wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:In case i Get whacked townies make sure you lynch poker because when Wake said he "investigated" someone and that they where innocent it was Poker.

Vote: Poker

How would that make any sense? Wow...just wow...

Well, the way I see it, there are two possibilities.

One is that you & wake are indeed the mafia. Wake took a gamble that there wasn't an investigator, and named you as a townie with the idea of protecting you. As long as there wasn't an investigator, no one could disprove that theory by investigating you to back it up. So, as long as wake was believed to be the investigator, people would believe that you are a townie as well.

Of course, when TBM turned out to be the real investigator, wake's gamble backfired. Suspicions are naturally going to fall on the guy who wake proclaimed to be innocent - yourself. That is obviously what BBFann thought (and maybe that's what got him killed, I don't know).

But I said I can see two possibilities, and here's the other.

When wake took a gamble, he must have known that it was a gamble. So the other possibility is that he deliberately chose to 'out' a townie whom he knew to be a townie. We were on Day 2 by then, so he would have known his partner in crime...and that everyone else was innocent. By declaring you as a townie (if that's what you are), it had 2 advantages that I can see.

Firstly, it immediately got you on his side, since he declared you to be innocent. Secondly, if his plan backfired (which it did, when the real investigator revealed himself), suspicion would fall on you, and away from his real mafia buddy. If this possibility is true, then nberan must be the other mafia, since I'm not!

The question is, which of these possibilities is the reality? I'm not going to rush this decision, because if I cast a vote wrongly, then it's game over. Time to read posts and think for a while...
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 135)

Postby Nberan » Thu May 10, 2007 2:29 pm

Holy cow a whole day went by without me coming and voting. Now I have to figure which one fo you are the other mafia nad which one had been a townie with me.

My Gut told me to go with chris8 all game but now with what wake has done and said idk if poker is mafia or not. Also I was right when i thought a mets fan was a mafia. :-)

To make it easy for everyone lets just have the mafia tell us who he is and then we can get this day over.
Nberan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby pokerplaya » Thu May 10, 2007 3:58 pm

I might as well go with my gut...

Vote: Chris8
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chris8 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:19 pm

pokerplaya wrote:I might as well go with my gut...

Vote: Chris8

Looks to me like it is poker after all.

He's become the first of us to break ranks and cast a vote - but on a gut feeling? I wouldn't cast the first vote in this situation on a gut feeling! Far too risky! Poker obviously expects you to stick with your gut too and vote for me. But I'm not mafia, and now I know who is!

nberan - I know you've had a gut feeling for me most of the game. I know why you suspect me, but I've only ever unvoted because I genuinely believed that it was right to do so.

I unvoted Snakes - and I was proved right to.

I unvoted BBFann - and I was proved right to.

I unvoted poker - but only after wake had said he was the investigator and proclaimed poker innocent. At the time, it didn't feel safe to leave my vote on him. Obviously, more evidence has come to light since then.

Surely, if I was mafia, I would have killed you last night instead of BBFann. Why would I risk leaving alive the only two guys who have voted for me all game? BBFann said that he was going to vote for poker. If I was mafia, I would have killed you, waited for BBFann to vote for poker, and then cast the deciding vote myself!

Poker's expecting you to follow your gut instinct against me...and if you do, he'll have won the game for the mafia.

It's clear to me who the 2nd mafia is now. It wasn't a bluff after all - wake claimed to be the investigator and tried to protect his partner.

vote:poker
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby pokerplaya » Thu May 10, 2007 4:49 pm

I'm simply not mafia.

Perhaps we are attacking each other needlessly and Nberan is actually the last mafia?

:-?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby pokerplaya » Thu May 10, 2007 4:50 pm

I don't think so though...I'm sticking with Chris...

Its up to you Nberan.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby chris8 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:05 pm

pokerplaya wrote:I'm simply not mafia.

Perhaps we are attacking each other needlessly and Nberan is actually the last mafia?

lol - that would be ironic! (It's also what happened in my last game when JT & I were completely at each other's throats...and both of us were townies! :-B )

It was a little odd the way he 'reluctantly' cast the killing vote on TBM - doing just what he's spent the whole game accusing me of doing!

But I think that was a momentary aberration - my money's still on poker.

I guess we'll find out when he's next on line...
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Thu May 10, 2007 5:17 pm

chris8 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:I'm simply not mafia.

lol - that would be ironic! (It's also what happened in my last game when JT & I were completely at each other's throats...and both of us were townies! :-B )

It was a little odd the way he 'reluctantly' cast the killing vote on TBM - doing just what he's spent the whole game accusing me of doing!

But I think that was a momentary aberration - my money's still on poker.

I guess we'll find out when he's next on line...

You are starting to convince me... I swear it - I'm towns folk. If you really are too.... :-o
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk