Lo Duca and Alou Mets line-up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lo Duca and Alou Mets line-up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lo Duca and Alou Mets line-up

Postby Crystalstorm » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:17 am

Why Lo Duca still batting 2nd is beyond me in the Mets Line-up.They should be moving everyone uo in the line-up,and Do Luca should be batting 6th,Not Alou(Who if stays healthy,will be a very nice outfieler for the rest of the year).
I'd have Alou batting in the 2 hole since he's not hitting for much power,but he's getting on base and is a singles machine,with-out the power.Thats how you score runs,not with guys like Lo Duca,who runs slower than Alou and can't get on base.
I own both Alou and Lo Duca(I ready to dump him for Buck).But I'd really like to see Alou moved up in the line-up. if not in the 2 hole,batting 3rd would be even better(More RBI opprotunities.)
Has anyone else given up on Lo Duca yet batting .239 with only 7 runs scored and only 2 extra base I believe.He's striking out alot more than usual also.If Buck takes over the KC Catching job(which he should with Larue batting a pitiful.111) I'll be dumping Lo Duca Fast !!!!!
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beezer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:26 am

I don't think they will be moving LoDuca out of the two hole any time soon. He is a great #2 hitter despite being slow. He is a good contact hitter, knows how to go the other way to advance runners, and he usually hits around .300. I own Alou also, but, I want him to stay in the 6th spot. He won't get many RBI chances in the two-hole.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby willy-t » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:07 am

Sorry, Lo Duca is not getting moved out of the #2 hole. Reyes has 13 steals - he's on course for exactly 100 this year and Lo Duca is an important part of that. If anybody else was going to be hitting #2 it would be D Wright, but it will be Lo Duca all year, IMO, cos he never Ks, can go the other way and will hit close to 300 when years over.
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Diggs » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:58 am

willy-t wrote:Sorry, Lo Duca is not getting moved out of the #2 hole. Reyes has 13 steals - he's on course for exactly 100 this year and Lo Duca is an important part of that. If anybody else was going to be hitting #2 it would be D Wright, but it will be Lo Duca all year, IMO, cos he never Ks, can go the other way and will hit close to 300 when years over.

Exactly. Lo Duca is willing to take an extra pitch or two (including an extra strike or two) to allow Reyes to run. He's not a greedy guy and he's not a guy who is depended on for huge RBI numbers so he doesn't go up there hacking.

A guy like Alou at number 2 would be asked to temper back his aggresivness at the plate with Reyes on base which is not his game. Alou attacks and is not suited to bat #2 in a lineup that has a guy like Reyes at the leadoff spot.

HTH.
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:18 pm

Why would you tinker with the best offense in the NL??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby bceagles04 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Why would you tinker with the best offense in the NL??

exactly
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers