Aaron Miles - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aaron Miles

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Jivedude » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:54 pm

He's just there until Jayson Nix is ready.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:58 pm

I thought former Padre Damian Jackson was Colorado's starting second baseman?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

jackson

Postby obiehislop » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:52 pm

damian jackson was signed by the rockies recently and i believe it is going to be one of those spring training battles between him and miles. for some reason second basemen do not hit well for colorado and every year there is hype about one because of the shallowness at that position. miles has very nice minor league numbers, but that is also in colorado so who knows if he would be any good anyway. coors players are always going to be something to look at but this one is the kind that you pick up if he does anything positive but don't waste a draft pick on i think.
obiehislop
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Big Blue » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:57 pm

despite playing in Colorado too many ? surrounding him and not enough answers for anything more then a late rd flyer
Big Blue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ondeckb » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:19 am

I looked him up...here's what ESPN says about him: Acquired in an off season trade with the White Sox, Miles is projected to be the Rockies second baseman heading into spring training. Miles was impressive in Triple-A last year, hitting .304-11-50 in 133 games, earning MVP honors in the International League in the process. The Rockies like his hard nosed approach to the game, and playing half his games in Coors Field certainly makes him worth a look in 2004. This was from a column on Free Agent Winners. I think I'll be watching to see if he wins a job myownself.
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby trevisc » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:22 am

ondeckb wrote:I looked him up...here's what ESPN says about him: Acquired in an off season trade with the White Sox, Miles is projected to be the Rockies second baseman heading into spring training. Miles was impressive in Triple-A last year, hitting .304-11-50 in 133 games, earning MVP honors in the International League in the process. The Rockies like his hard nosed approach to the game, and playing half his games in Coors Field certainly makes him worth a look in 2004. This was from a column on Free Agent Winners. I think I'll be watching to see if he wins a job myownself.

not me. Only if i'm really desperate. I've got Soriano at 2b in my keeper league.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:00 am

trevisc wrote:
ondeckb wrote:I looked him up...here's what ESPN says about him: Acquired in an off season trade with the White Sox, Miles is projected to be the Rockies second baseman heading into spring training. Miles was impressive in Triple-A last year, hitting .304-11-50 in 133 games, earning MVP honors in the International League in the process. The Rockies like his hard nosed approach to the game, and playing half his games in Coors Field certainly makes him worth a look in 2004. This was from a column on Free Agent Winners. I think I'll be watching to see if he wins a job myownself.

not me. Only if i'm really desperate. I've got Soriano at 2b in my keeper league.

but at least now, you know who he is ... ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:03 am

trev always likes to dig us because he has Soriano. :-D

Let's see how much he is saying after Soriano is hitting 8th with Mr. Boone as his protection. 8-o ....... :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:19 am

If he has talent it will show. Being in Coors alone won't save him. Minor league player of the year (twice) Jose Ortiz, Mike Lansing, Neifi Perez, Brent Butler have shown that.

RAM I feel for you on that. :-o Prior to the 01 eason, i made a bet with a competitor. He said Ortiz would be roy, i took Ichiro. :-D
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby LBJackal » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:22 am

Good old Brent Butler. I had him kicking around when there was absolutely nobody else to put in at 2B, just becaus ehe played for Colorado. Man he was garbage...... :~(

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers