Clemens is back!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clemens is back!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby crapshooter » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:38 pm

lesgrant wrote:14-11 4.50 ERA

He's not pitching for the 100 win Yanks anymore. While this might be the feelgood story of the winter for Texans, the reality is that he's running on vapors.

While I'll admit he's not the pitcher he was a few years back I do think he will bring a toughness to the mound that the astros haven't had in a while. I don't think not pitching for the yanks will hurt him at all. He's near home now and he will be fired up. I'll predict 16 wins with 4.00 ERA
You don't have to like 'em to own 'em!!!!
crapshooter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:42 am

I believe it was a good move for the Astros. Makes the division that much closer in my eyes. Should be a fun one to watch this year. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:52 am

Not Hijacking ......I just don't want to start a new thread..

who is Houston's number 5 now..

Carlos Hernandez, Redding, Duckworth ?? ?? and will they trade one of them for a real CF? Thoughts?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby bell » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:58 am

wrveres wrote:Carlos Hernandez, Redding, Duckworth ?? ?? and will they trade one of them for a real CF? Thoughts?

Ouch. Feed Biggio to the wolves? Not that he's as valuable as he once was, but that could get some bad publicity. :-o
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:06 am

bell wrote:
wrveres wrote:Carlos Hernandez, Redding, Duckworth ?? ?? and will they trade one of them for a real CF? Thoughts?

Ouch. Feed Biggio to the wolves? Not that he's as valuable as he once was, but that could get some bad publicity. :-o

LMAO ....

well someone is going to have to catch those taters that Clemens and Pettitte give up. Biggio keeps stumbling over that dumb hill, and can't hit for crud anymore. They would be better off making him the number 4OF, and bring up Jason Lane. Then they should trade Hidalgo to San Diego, eating 8 mill of it, in exchange for Terrrence Long. ;-D Thats what Houston should do next. imo :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:08 am

Terrance Long for Hidalgo...you are joking obviously.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bell » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:23 am

wrveres wrote:
bell wrote:

LMAO ....

well someone is going to have to catch those taters that Clemens and Pettitte give up. Biggio keeps stumbling over that dumb hill, and can't hit for crud anymore. They would be better off making him the number 4OF, and bring up Jason Lane. Then they should trade Hidalgo to San Diego, eating 8 mill of it, in exchange for Terrrence Long. ;-D Thats what Houston should do next. imo :-D

I think you've had a few too many Mudslides out there in S.D. (And I'm referring to the drink, not the natural disaster) ;-) :-D
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:35 am

bell wrote:
wrveres wrote:
bell wrote:

LMAO ....

I think you've had a few too many Mudslides out there in S.D. (And I'm referring to the drink, not the natural disaster) ;-) :-D

Cutty with a splash. :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby swingaway » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:40 am

wrveres wrote:
bell wrote:

LMAO ....

ah no what they reallly should do is trade hildago to La for some of there pitching prospects hmm or we could put biggio at ss and put lane at cf and keep hildago.And 1 of the local media stations thats close to houston said that they might trade roberston or redding for a setup man.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby lesgrant » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:06 pm

Clemens IS running on vapors at this point. The guy is coming out of retirement for chrissakes. I know it is the feelgood story of the offseason but pleeeeze!

A couple of questions:

Given he’s pitched his entire career in the AL and in AL parks, why would his 3.91 ERA at age 41(!!!!) likely go down pitching in NL parks against NL hitters he’s never faced or charted?

Does anyone here think that he will win more than the 17 games he won (on a team that won 100+ games) with the Astros?

Does anyone think that at age 41 he isn’t a major injury risk?

Is any non-Astros fan here planning on taking Rocket within the first 10 rounds of their draft this year? How many picked him in the first 10 last year? Be honest.

Now it was mentioned that: Yankee fans always say ex-Yanks will suck, Yankee fans are on a short list of those that hate Rocket, I wouldn’t say this stuff he was still on my Yanks, etc…Let’s please stop the lame attempts at Yankee fan psychoanalysis. The only people that have issues with Yankee players, and the money they are paid, are Yankee-haters. (as if the payroll is coming out of your pockets) How could any Yankee fan be genuinely pissed about Clemens (and Pettitte for that matter) when Brown+Vasquez > Clemens+Pettitte?
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers