Clemens is back!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clemens is back!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mightyian5 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:57 pm

i live in houston unfortunately and have seen miller pitch alot. from what ive seen, and his past couple years, i would just call that rotation a big 3, as miller isnt qualified to be called anything big yet. clemens should post around 15 wins yet 10 losses, and a 4 era with 180 ks.

do you really think youd say clemens was running on vapors if he was still on your yankees?
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jivedude » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:10 pm

ZAZ wrote:Ahh, I feel like it's 1996 once again. I can now go back to hating Clemens. I hope he likes those high and tight fastballs in the NL which he's always maintained are just a part of the game.

Yep, looks like it's more lies from Roger!
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ramble2 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:23 pm

Wow will that be fun to watch him take a few pitches. I can't wait!
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby swingaway » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:38 pm

LBJackal wrote:Running on vapors? I highly disagree. There's lots of gas left in his tank. At least enough for a couple more years, so this year he should still be throwing heat. I can't see him having an ERA north of 4.

I say 15-10, 3.80 ERA, 190 K's, 1.15 WHIP. Maybe a bit optimistic, but the 'Stros have a good offense, and this move might rejuvenate him.

i agree and the only people mad that he is back are
1. clemens haters
2. cub fans
3.yankee fans

I also i think he should poduce about the same numbes he did last year. Every time a person leaves the yanks they always say hes gong to suck blah blah he doesnt have the yanks lineup blah blah but if he was with t he yanks they would say he still go tgas left and is better than so and so. Its always with any player that goes to yankees that they are the next big thing and are most of the time overrated like when jeff weaver first arrived there a couple years ago lol. Thats y i expect this year that shef will bust this year and go away and bring up all your stats and stuff i dont care but i see shef decling in numbes this year because hes getting old.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:50 pm

swingaway wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Running on vapors? I highly disagree. There's lots of gas left in his tank. At least enough for a couple more years, so this year he should still be throwing heat. I can't see him having an ERA north of 4.

I say 15-10, 3.80 ERA, 190 K's, 1.15 WHIP. Maybe a bit optimistic, but the 'Stros have a good offense, and this move might rejuvenate him.

1. clemens haters
2. cub fans
3.yankee fans

I also i think he should poduce about the same numbes he did last year. Every time a person leaves the yanks they always say hes gong to suck blah blah he doesnt have the yanks lineup blah blah but if he was with t he yanks they would say he still go tgas left and is better than so and so. Its always with any player that goes to yankees that they are the next big thing and are most of the time overrated like when jeff weaver first arrived there a couple years ago lol. Thats y i expect this year that shef will bust this year and go away and bring up all your stats and stuff i dont care but i see shef decling in numbes this year because hes getting old.

If you wanna say that Sheff is old, then that is fine. Saying it in the same thread that you say that Clemens will be solid next year is hypocritical. How is Sheff old and Clemens apparently isn't? I think that they will both be fine next year.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Big Blue » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:53 pm

you had too now this was coming. i would say 15 W and 140 K ERA of 3.90 and him to see lots of chin music
Big Blue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby swingaway » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:00 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
swingaway wrote:

1. clemens haters
2. cub fans
3.yankee fans

If you wanna say that Sheff is old, then that is fine. Saying it in the same thread that you say that Clemens will be solid next year is hypocritical. How is Sheff old and Clemens apparently isn't? I think that they will both be fine next year.

what i meant to say was that shef is in his declining years and shouldnt have the same numbers as last year or career average while clemens on the other hand is still in shape although he might of lost some zip off the fastball his vaule wont drop as much as shefs will.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:05 pm

Sheffield has put up tremendous numbers for a number of years in a row. And in some pretty crummy hitters parks to like Pro Player and LA. He is 35 not 41 and there is no reason to assume he does not have a good year other than Yankee hater's wishful thinking. He may or may not reproduce his numbers of 2003, but he will certainly hit well as he ALWAYS has and has shown no signs of his bat slowly.

Clemens, will likely be fine also, though I really think Enron is not going to be so kind to him. More of a fly ball pitcher and he does not have left center in Yankee Stadium anymore.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby swingaway » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:19 pm

Another reason why i say shefs numbers wil decline is because he is shifting leagues and it will take a while for him to adjust al pitchers. Yes i do know clemens is also shiftign leagues but i find iteasier for pitchers to dominate more in a new league because the hitters dont know what the guy throws in certain stiuations.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Wenzac » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:29 pm

How has Clemens done in interleague play last couple of years? Does this carry over to a league change for pitchers?
Wenzac
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers