Does Josh Towers have any long term value... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Josh Towers have any long term value...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:37 pm

Lordrevolution wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Lordrevolution wrote:I remember last year a Toronto fan was being loud about how they have such great players, like Lily and Towers. I couldn't stop laughing.

A Toronto fan was defending Josh Towers and Ted Lilly last year? Towers was the worst pitcher in the league, and Lilly was his up-and-down self. That doesn't sound like a Toronto fan at all. :-?

Yeah the guy was saying how they'd win the whole thing with their "great pitching" and I said something like "Halladay and who?" and they responded with "Towers and Lily" which, like I said, made me laugh.

It wasn't on this site, was it? Because by the time you joined in May of last year, Towers would have already blown up and been sent down to AAA.

I guess I could understand if somebody said that during the 2005 offseason because Towers had a great year that season, but Lilly had a bad one, and we signed Burnett that offseason. You'd think somebody would have mentioned Burnett over those 2. Or was this something that was said like 3 seasons ago?

Anyway, Towers should be a decent #5 starter who can pitch the occasional good game agaisnt a poor hitting team with an ERA in the high 4's. He isn't fantasy relevant this year.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bdrotoronto » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:09 pm

Towers has been banished to the bullpen now, probably for good barring any injuries to the starters. Probably the right time to make this move, except for the Detroit game he's really looked kinda similar to last year. http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=205838

I suspect this is probably the last time you'll ever hear his name around this forum. I agree with weir though, what could have possibly induced anyone to seriously start this thread?.. :-b :*)
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:28 pm

Towers has no business being on a major league team let alone any fantasy team.
he somehow had a good 2 month stretch at the end of 2005 to get the contract he did, but hes a below average pitcher.
last year the Jays took him off the 40 man roster and had him on waivers. any team in baseball could have had him, and noone was interested.
he shouldnt have been in the rotation to begin the season, but that doesnt matter now because hes been removed for Victor Zambrano.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers