Clemens choosing between 3 teams... not retirement - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clemens choosing between 3 teams... not retirement

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:12 pm

I'd say Houston. He's got a great gig there and they pay him a ton of dough. Tough to pass both up like that.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pappymojo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:12 pm

from the boston globe interview with John Henry:

Q. What do you think about the team's chances to land Roger Clemens this season? How interested are you in having that happen? Have you reached out to him or his agents recently? How important would that be for the on-field product, and for him to potentially end his career where it began?

A. It's the perfect conclusion to his career. The return to Boston to fight for a final world championship. This is more than a dream scenario; it's a dream scenario that is a very real possibility. Somewhere in California right now Tom is writing the script. Larry and Theo are executing it. And my partners -- all of them who never get any public credit -- are going to be the ones who make it possible. But if he comes, it will be for one reason: It will be for the fans who gave him a standing ovation the last time he pitched at Fenway, the fans of New England who love the game and adored him even when he wore a Yankee uniform.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:14 pm

To be honest I'm just so sick of Roger Clemens. The guy is selfish, he doesn't care about the team, he just cares about himself and the money. He makes a spectacle out of himself every year by leaving it open to speculation if he will play and where. Why doesn't have just sign somewhere or retire? This guy just loves the attention
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:17 pm

John Henry wrote:Q. What do you think about the team's chances to land Roger Clemens this season? How interested are you in having that happen? Have you reached out to him or his agents recently? How important would that be for the on-field product, and for him to potentially end his career where it began?

A. It's the perfect conclusion to his career. The return to Boston to fight for a final world championship. This is more than a dream scenario; it's a dream scenario that is a very real possibility. Somewhere in California right now Tom is writing the script. Larry and Theo are executing it. And my partners -- all of them who never get any public credit -- are going to be the ones who make it possible. But if he comes, it will be for one reason: It will be for the fans who gave him a standing ovation the last time he pitched at Fenway, the fans of New England who love the game and adored him even when he wore a Yankee uniform.

The last time he pitched at Fenway he got in a brawl. The time before that (a few weeks before the playoff game) was when he got the standing O that I was present for. B-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shamus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:11 am

There any news?? :-o
shamus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby shamus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:11 am

There any news?? :-o
shamus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ed4252 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:11 pm

Roger Clemens' agent reiterated Friday that Clemens will make his decision regarding where to play this season "by the end of May."
"Roger has been working out and feels good," agent Randy Hendricks wrote in an e-mail. "But he has yet to ramp up his workouts, the kind where he tortures himself. I have been in communication with all three teams and all three are, of course, interested."

Which three teams? Astros/Yankees/Red Sox?
Ed4252
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby negola_d » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:38 pm

Ed4252 wrote:Roger Clemens' agent reiterated Friday that Clemens will make his decision regarding where to play this season "by the end of May."
"Roger has been working out and feels good," agent Randy Hendricks wrote in an e-mail. "But he has yet to ramp up his workouts, the kind where he tortures himself. I have been in communication with all three teams and all three are, of course, interested."

Which three teams? Astros/Yankees/Red Sox?

This means that he'll play for sure.
And yes, those are the 3 teams. I didnt hear any other team mentioned.
negola_d
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:43 pm

Go to Boston! We'll make room.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby mweir145 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:47 pm

Clemens will go to the team that offers him the most money, and I suspect that will be the Yankees.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers