Clemens choosing between 3 teams... not retirement - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clemens choosing between 3 teams... not retirement

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Clemens Watch

Postby futanto » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:27 pm

There are lots of sources that say that they are 99.9% sure Clemens won't retire and will play this year. But is there any news as to when he will be back or what team will hel play for? The most recent quote said his body is ready but his mind is not quite yet. Anything new?
futanto
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:42 pm

nothing new. trust me, you will hear about it the second clemens decides that he will soon make a decision about whether or not he is ready to decide where he will play. i'm surprised espn doesnt have a channel dedicated to clemens.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby futanto » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:46 pm

From what I've read, sounds like he will make a decision in early may.

For leagues where he is available on the waiver wire, do u think he is worth holding despite the fact he takes up a roster spot, or is this going to be another headache that drags out over half the season?
futanto
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:48 pm

futanto wrote:From what I've read, sounds like he will make a decision in early may.

For leagues where he is available on the waiver wire, do u think he is worth holding despite the fact he takes up a roster spot, or is this going to be another headache that drags out over half the season?

Depends on the state of your pitching staff and your league settings. If you're in a shallow 8 or 10 team league, I'd probably hold off, just because I think there are capable pitchers out there and Clemens would be wasting away a valuable spot. If you're in a deeper league, though, I think Clemens would definitely be worth it when he gets back.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Secret Avatar » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:49 pm

The last word was that, if he does play, he'll go to the Red Sox, Yanks, or Astros. Personally, I think it will be the Yanks. They really need him, Pettitte is there, and they have a good chance of making it to the WS.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby sox 06 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:49 pm

I say he ends up in Houston. That's where his family is and that was the reason he went there. He will want special privilges in either Boston or New York and guys there will get angry if they don't get treated the same way.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby byfrcp » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:51 pm

sox 06 wrote:I say he ends up in Houston. That's where his family is and that was the reason he went there. He will want special privilges in either Boston or New York and guys there will get angry if they don't get treated the same way.

Pettite is now back with the Yankees
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sox 06 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:52 pm

byfrcp wrote:
sox 06 wrote:I say he ends up in Houston. That's where his family is and that was the reason he went there. He will want special privilges in either Boston or New York and guys there will get angry if they don't get treated the same way.

Pettite is now back with the Yankees

Yeah I know, I left out some words the first time I posted. !+)
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Doughhead » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:07 pm

Is anybody else dreadfully bored of this? I don't care if he is the greatest pitcher of all time--this retiring/not retiring nonsense is an embarrassment. :-t
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:11 pm

There's no doubt he's coming back...the question is what team. Personally I think it will be Boston because they will give him the treatment he wants.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers