Just Say No - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just Say No

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thedude » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:59 pm

chadlincoln wrote:You should never send your best offer. When buying a house and a car, you should never offer what they're asking for.

;-D ;-D ;-D

This is right. It is called trade negiations for a reason. If one owners gets insulted or irrational then there is no real point trying to trade with them.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby YerInUrine » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:26 pm

I love it when you send a deal to someone, slightly tilted to their adavantage and they reject it and call you crazy. It boggles my mind how some people have such inflated values for players.. especially closers.
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jcde7ago » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:41 pm

I sent a deal for A-rod before he went on a tear (only had like 5 homers then).

The guy needed a closer, so i offered M-Cab, Beckett, and Izzy for A-Rod and Sheets.

He sat on it for a while, and then A-Rod went on a tear...and then he immediately sent me a message saying he was insulted, etc.

I promptly replied with a similarly offensive letter, by which he didn't respond back. One week later, he offered me A-Rod, Sheets, Lidge for my M-Cab, Bonds, Izzy and Beckett. I promptly said EFF YOU ;-D

(btw this is a diff team from the one on my sig).
12-Team Yahoo! H2H Keeper League - 3-Sport Dynasty - Year 4 - Jonny D's Team
Keepers: Albert Pujols/Jose Reyes/Ryan Braun/Grady Sizemore/Evan Longoria/Tim Lincecum = SWEET!

#25 - Barry Bonds - 73, 762
jcde7ago
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdsun1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:04 pm

I like to write a little message addressed to the person who sent me the trade saying that I will never trade with them and Best of Luck for the year. Everyone can see it and more than likely they are getting the same offers, but just dont have the guts to call the other person out.

When trading I always look for someone who has a weakness that is my strength and then try to trade with them if they have something I need.

Lowball offers are a joke and you might as well make a legit offer the first time around. Anything else to me is insulting. Why beat around the bush? It just burns bridges to possible deals later in the season.

I think there are certain ethics to this stuff and if you dont play by the rules you arent welcome in any of my leagues. Unfortunately money tends to change people so it might just be better playing in a competitive non-money league.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers