Just Say No - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just Say No

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just Say No

Postby paiger » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:03 am

Why can't I just hit thr reject offer button?

Every year some guy sends in a trade offer consisting of 4 average to good players for my 3 best players or some such rot.

This year happens as usual; I send back an equally absurd offer - 3 guys just above the FA line for an ace and Utley. No expectations by me just to make a point...

Guy posts how I must be an idiot if I think he'll take that trade....

I guess if we can't have a trade at least we'll have a nice trash talkin' post-war. }:-)
paiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rounders » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:05 am

That's some of the best time of the fantasy year - when you get into a trash talk war with someone. Happens every year with me.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Just Say No

Postby J35J » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:07 am

paiger wrote:Why can't I just hit thr reject offer button?

Every year some guy sends in a trade offer consisting of 4 average to good players for my 3 best players or some such rot.

This year happens as usual; I send back an equally absurd offer - 3 guys just above the FA line for an ace and Utley. No expectations by me just to make a point...

Guy posts how I must be an idiot if I think he'll take that trade....

I guess if we can't have a trade at least we'll have a nice trash talkin' post-war. }:-)

Usually not smart to turn around and send the other owner a crappy offer. Probably just means your bridge with him just got burned. Whats wrong with just replying back why it was a bad deal and maybe a counter offer that looks more reasonable? No reason to burn bridges, especially after just 1 offer.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby paiger » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:11 am

Rounders wrote:That's some of the best time of the fantasy year - when you get into a trash talk war with someone. Happens every year with me.

Agreed - Trash talking can keep you tuned in even to a dull or losing league! ;-D

we face off in 2 weeks. Anticipate and am looking 4ward to a message board and h2h brawl.
paiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby 5 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:14 am

Hah - I normally do that...send an equally or ridiculous offer.

If he doesn't understand why I did it, then I consider him a prime candidate for one of those Konerko for Shelton type deals in the future.

Some people will try to justify their offers in the trade comment area...funny stuff.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby zig zag daddy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 am

I got an early offer for adam dunn for my travis hafner. I think thats pretty rediculous...I just rejected it. He countered with Adam Dunn and Todd Helton. At that point I countered with Adam Dunn and Matt Holliday for Travis Hafner and he rejected....I swear....a week later he comes back with Adam Dunn and Juan Uribe for Travis Hafner....I think its amusing.
zig zag daddy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby paiger » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:30 am

The 2 for ones or 3 - 2s even 4-3s crack me up some because you can almost hear the gears in their heads turning....

"Maybe if I ask for Sizemore and Peavy I can offer him Hawpe, Aurillia and El Duque and he'll think he's getting a deal 'cause he's getting an extra player!" :-b
paiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby J35J » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:44 am

Ok, scratch what I said and just find a league that doesn't consist of a bunch of n00bs. That should fix the problem! ;-7
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Re: Just Say No

Postby CheeseBeger » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:26 pm

paiger wrote:This year happens as usual; I send back an equally absurd offer - 3 guys just above the FA line for an ace and Utley. No expectations by me just to make a point.

;-D I do the same thing
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby hookem2003 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:28 pm

I've made two offers so far this year. I tried to move my Upton for Putz in one and Bedard in another (buy low, sell high right?). Both guys counteroffered for A Rod straight up.
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers