Sportsline Baseball Up??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sportsline Baseball Up???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mikcou » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:
shortsavage wrote:People going to get on my case for this, so I will apologize in advance. I'm sorry. I just had to do it.

Madison 1/11/04 10:58PM wrote:Maybe they will stay bug free this year.

Madison 1/11/04 12:02PM wrote:...Sportsline was way too buggy last year.

Madison 1/7/04 6:34PM wrote:Sportsline was way too buggy last year.

Madison 1/5/04 3:28AM wrote:Avoid Sportsline. It was free for quite awhile, then last year you had to pay for it and it was extremely buggy. Way too many problems to deal with. :-P

Madison 1/1/04 6:33PM wrote:Whatever you do, avoid Sportsline. They were ridiculously buggy last year. :-/

Perhaps you could save some time by putting one of these quotes in your info :-B.

Once again, I am sorry :-/.

Looks like Shortsavage has a crush on Madison. He looked all that up and even has a quote from Madison in his signature. Pretty obsessive behavior. Weird that he never answered the quote. See for yourself, no response:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27640&start=30

Try to let Shortsavage down easy Madison. Wouldn't want to break his heart.

Tater, yes the Commissioner service is up and ready for signups. My league has already signed up. For those that haven't, do it before January 27! It's only $119.95 until then. Not sure what it goes to after then. Here's a link for anyone interested:

http://baseball.sportsline.com/splash/baseball/spln/mgmt

we have our own cbs sportsline advertiser here YAY!!!
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:37 pm

sportsline rules all!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Rage » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:50 pm

mikcou wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
shortsavage wrote:People going to get on my case for this, so I will apologize in advance. I'm sorry. I just had to do it.

Madison 1/5/04 3:28AM wrote:Avoid Sportsline. It was free for quite awhile, then last year you had to pay for it and it was extremely buggy. Way too many problems to deal with. :-P

Madison 1/1/04 6:33PM wrote:Whatever you do, avoid Sportsline. They were ridiculously buggy last year. :-/

Perhaps you could save some time by putting one of these quotes in your info :-B.

Looks like Shortsavage has a crush on Madison. He looked all that up and even has a quote from Madison in his signature. Pretty obsessive behavior. Weird that he never answered the quote. See for yourself, no response:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27640&start=30

Try to let Shortsavage down easy Madison. Wouldn't want to break his heart.

Tater, yes the Commissioner service is up and ready for signups. My league has already signed up. For those that haven't, do it before January 27! It's only $119.95 until then. Not sure what it goes to after then. Here's a link for anyone interested:

http://baseball.sportsline.com/splash/baseball/spln/mgmt

we have our own cbs sportsline advertiser here YAY!!!

shortsavage IS from the bay Area, go figure....
Rage
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wkelly91 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:56 pm

I have played Sportsline for three years and love it. I played Yahoo last year and thought it sucked. Won't be back at Yahoo this year.

:-P
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby shortsavage » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:02 pm

Madison wrote:

All of them in different threads right? Someone asks a question, I give an answer. Is that a problem for you?

Where did anyone ask if Sportsline was buggy last year or for your opinion of Sportsline? The topic I saw was "Sportsline Baseball Up???" Didn't Erboes just get scolded for "Thread Hijacking"?

My problem is that most of the time people are not asking about Sportsline's quality yet quite a few people here consistantly feel like it is neccisary to chime in how buggy it was last season. What are you hoping to accomplish with your statements?

Even if someone asks about Sportsline, it was not at all buggy during the second half of the season. And people who insist that it is infested with bugs are usually upset that CBS started charging for their service. Must you vent so regularly?

P.S. I would like to temporarily take back my comment on the ability that guests have to make inteligent posts :-D. And Rage, I am glad that you could find such a clever way to introduce your opinion. Good job ;-D. Last but not least kentx12 are you related to Madison?
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby kentx12 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:08 pm

shortsavage wrote:
Madison wrote:

All of them in different threads right? Someone asks a question, I give an answer. Is that a problem for you?

Where did anyone ask if Sportsline was buggy last year or for your opinion of Sportsline? The topic I saw was "Sportsline Baseball Up???" Didn't Erboes just get scolded for "Thread Hijacking"?

My problem is that most of the time people are not asking about Sportsline's quality yet quite a few people here consistantly feel like it is neccisary to chime in how buggy it was last season. What are you hoping to accomplish with your statements?

Even if someone asks about Sportsline, it was not at all buggy during the second half of the season. And people who insist that it is infested with bugs are usually upset that CBS started charging for their service. Must you vent so regularly?

P.S. I would like to temporarily take back my comment on the ability that guests have to make inteligent posts :-D. And Rage, I am glad that you could find such a clever way to introduce your opinion. Good job ;-D. Last but not least kentx12 are you related to Madison?

Nope never met the man in my life but it is clear to see that we both agree on this. I spent alot of money on sportsline last year. It sucked. I spent a little money on sportsline the year before. "still waiting over a year later on my winnings" The last time I tried to get a response they told me they were still trying to sort out all league champions. It might be thread hijacking but any time I get a chance to spread the word on a rip off I will take the liberty to do so.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madison » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:23 am

Shortsavage wrote:Where did anyone ask if Sportsline was buggy last year or for your opinion of Sportsline? The topic I saw was "Sportsline Baseball Up???" Didn't Erboes just get scolded for "Thread Hijacking"?

Erboes was not scolded by me for thread hijacking, so that part of your statement is irrelevant.

As to commenting on Sportsline's service, not everyone is aware that they had some serious bugs last year. Not everyone here uses the "search" feature, or we would have a lot less threads.

While the bugs might be acceptable to you, they are not acceptable to me and I feel it necessary to let people know that they had some problems last year. That's the whole point is to give people an informed opinion of the service. I've not said they were "infested" with bugs, just that they had lots of them last year. Like I said, if that's acceptable to you, then enjoy Sportsline, but until they clean up thier act, I will no longer be using their service..

Venting regularly? You think I'm venting. That's quite funny. I'm only giving an honest review of their service last year. It was subpar to say the least and I will continue to point that out in every thread that concerns them. Guess you will just have to get over it.

Here's an odd question that is kinda scary............Why single me out? There are others that feel the same way I do and post it. There are also others who felt like their service was good last year, and they post their approval in every thread about it. Why not single them out as well? Thanks to the guest, I noticed that you do indeed have a quote of mine in your signature. Why didn't you answer the post that you took it from? I really hope that you haven't gotten some sort of infatuation with me, because quite frankly, I'm not interested. I'm also tired of playing these childish games with you and I have no intention of being dragged into this kind of thing again. Good day.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby shortsavage » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:53 am

Madison wrote:Erboes was not scolded by me for thread hijacking, so that part of your statement is irrelevant.

To me it seemed like the moral of the "Locked again" thead that Erboes started was: if you have an off topic remark, bring it to existance in a new thread. You did not object that idea, and as you are a reader of nearly every thread in the Cafe, my connection was made not based on your exact words, but rather on a Cafe consensus. Unless you support "thread hiyjacking", I do not see how that portion of my post can be made irrelivant so quickly.

Madison wrote:Here's an odd question that is kinda scary............Why single me out?

I singled you out because you give your piece on Sportsline as often as anyone (and for one other tid bit that I am saving for the end of this post).

Madison wrote:There are also others who felt like their service was good last year, and they post their approval in every thread about it. Why not single them out as well?

The first post on this thread was one of Sportsline disapproval, so I figured that there would be counter posts of approval. In addition, I do not see many posts where people bring up how much they like sportsline when it is unrelated to the conversation. Therfore, I did not think it necessary to address the people who supported Sportsline in their posts.

Madison wrote:Thanks to the guest, I noticed that you do indeed have a quote of mine in your signature.

I put that quote of yours in my info because I found it quite funny. One of my buddies who checks out this message board every so often loves the word skewed. I thought I would tack your quote onto my info because I know he will get a kick out of it the next time he is on. Plus I thought that it would be a good warning for people that I may skew information ;-).

Madison wrote:Why didn't you answer the post that you took it from?

I did not answer the post that I took it from for two reasons:
1. You did not ask me any questions.
2. I thought that your accusation of me skewing infomation was a coverup. And, inless someone like Hootie embarrasses you on with numbers you seem to rarely back off your original statements no matter how off base they are. In my opinion you were being stubborn and I did not care to keep walking in molasses.

Madison wrote:I really hope that you haven't gotten some sort of infatuation with me, because quite frankly, I'm not interested.

Why did you even acknowledge the guest's accusation of me having a crush on you? That guest's post was probably the most immature post that I have ever seen in the Cafe, and I had already hinted that I thought his words were unwise, then you bring it up again in what appeared to me as a serious tone. How low can you go? I do not see where my sexual preference has anything to do with this thread, and I am offended by your remarks, as I find them childish.

Madison wrote:I'm also tired of playing these childish games with you and I have no intention of being dragged into this kind of thing again.

Speaking of childish, I did not intend for this thread to turn into a childish game. I thought finding all of your quotes about Sportsline being buggy and displaying their proximity was a solid, objective way of getting my point across. My intention was not to bait you into an arguement, but bring up something that I found bothersome. I think the childish games were played by other posters.

Conclusion
I did not mean to stir things up between us so much. This message board is a great place to talk about fantasy baseball with some very thoughful people, not a place to make enemies.

Your writing voice has set off chemical rections that have caused me to get frustrated in recent times. I have taken the time to persue the cause of my frustration.

I think I started being hyper-critical of your posts when you were saying how you should be the Texas GM. Although you may have only been kidding, I took you seriously (there are a few frequencies of humor that I am oblivious to) and began having higher expectations for the posts that were coming from someone who viewed their knowledge in such a sophisticated light. Then when I found many of your posts to be brief and unwholesomely supported, I thought it neccesary to challenge them.

In my mind you chose to put yourself on a pedestal, so I took note of it.

Madison wrote:Good day.

And a good day to you.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:39 pm

I'll answer your last post, but then I'd really like to just put all of this behind us. Deal?

Shortsavage wrote:I did not mean to stir things up between us so much. This message board is a great place to talk about fantasy baseball with some very thoughful people, not a place to make enemies.

I completely agree with this. ;-D I have no desire to argue or have problems with anyone here. :-)

Shortsavage wrote:To me it seemed like the moral of the "Locked again" thead that Erboes started was: if you have an off topic remark, bring it to existance in a new thread. You did not object that idea, and as you are a reader of nearly every thread in the Cafe, my connection was made not based on your exact words, but rather on a Cafe consensus. Unless you support "thread hiyjacking", I do not see how that portion of my post can be made irrelivant so quickly.

Threads break off in different directions all the time. It's part of communicating via message boards. It's not something that I condone :-/ , but I know enough to know that it will happen from time to time. Notice how this thread has gotten way off topic? :-/

Shortsavage wrote:I put that quote of yours in my info because I found it quite funny. One of my buddies who checks out this message board every so often loves the word skewed. I thought I would tack your quote onto my info because I know he will get a kick out of it the next time he is on.

That makes sense about your friend. I can understand that.

Shortsavage wrote:I did not answer the post that I took it from for two reasons:
1. You did not ask me any questions.
2. I thought that your accusation of me skewing infomation was a coverup. And, inless someone like Hootie embarrasses you on with numbers you seem to rarely back off your original statements no matter how off base they are. In my opinion you were being stubborn and I did not care to keep walking in molasses.

You were the one drilling me, so I figured there would be something said to my response. Good, bad, or indifferent. I had many more reasons for the pick, I just figured I'd let you take your shot before fully disclosing everything.
It really wasn't an accusation ;-) , just an observation. I admit that I don't tend to change my opinion very often in disagreements about things. It does happen, but not very often. I am stubborn a lot of times, but I do admit when I'm wrong too ;-) . Plus in that situation, I felt like you were being petty about the way I worded "late round gamble". It's all a matter of what round is considered late, isn't it? I might believe that the 14th round is late, where as you might consider it to be the middle. Seemed like a big deal was being made over nothing.

Shortsavage wrote:Why did you even acknowledge the guest's accusation of me having a crush on you? That guest's post was probably the most immature post that I have ever seen in the Cafe, and I had already hinted that I thought his words were unwise, then you bring it up again in what appeared to me as a serious tone. How low can you go? I do not see where my sexual preference has anything to do with this thread, and I am offended by your remarks, as I find them childish.

Well, since it's the last thing on my mind when I'm on the internet, it's something that I might not pick up on. When I read what the guest wrote, it hit me a litte odd. I don't know you from the man in the moon, and people "hook up" on the internet all the time. What the guest said bothered me enough to just make sure that wasn't the case. Just covering my bases on that one.

Shortsavage wrote:I thought finding all of your quotes about Sportsline being buggy and displaying their proximity was a solid, objective way of getting my point across. My intention was not to bait you into an arguement, but bring up something that I found bothersome.

My whole understanding for someone starting a thread is to provide information, discuss the information, and get feedback on the information. Had I put 5 or 6 posts into the same thread that said Sportsline was buggy last year, then I'd agree with you. These were all from different threads though. I respond to most of the posts here, so yes, I do repeat myself frequently but I try to limit it to once per thread. I'm sure I've repeated myself in the same thread on occasion, but I do try to limit it. If anymore threads about Sportsline's service comes out, I will provide the fact that they were buggy last year again. Threads are to gather information. Like I said before, if everyone used the search feature, most of their questions would be answered without even having to ask. Granted, that can be very time consuming, so I don't blame people in the least for asking their question and I try to provide whatever information I have on the subject. Due to using quotes from a bunch of different threads, it did appear that you were trying to bait me into a fight especially with all the other disagreements lately.

Shortsavage wrote:I think I started being hyper-critical of your posts when you were saying how you should be the Texas GM. Although you may have only been kidding, I took you seriously (there are a few frequencies of humor that I am oblivious to) and began having higher expectations for the posts that were coming from someone who viewed their knowledge in such a sophisticated light. Then when I found many of your posts to be brief and unwholesomely supported, I thought it neccesary to challenge them.

In my mind you chose to put yourself on a pedestal, so I took note of it.

That was a long time ago and yes, I was just kidding around. Most people joke that they can do a better job than the current manager/GM/ owner/ etc. ;-) All the way from good teams to terrible teams, fans complain about all those guys on occasion.

I try to be as down to earth as possible, and not on a pedestal. Most people see that. I apologize if you got the wrong impression with my Ranger GM kidding around.

My posts are usually brief for the simple reason that I'm here, on average, 8 hours a day. It takes that much time just to do what I do. Read everything, and provide some insight if I can. I try to go more in depth if I have the time, but unfortunately, 8 hours or so just isn't enough time to give the kind of responses that you expect me to. If you want clarification or more detail on a post of mine, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to make time to give it a little more justification. ;-D

Shortsavage wrote:I did not mean to stir things up between us so much. This message board is a great place to talk about fantasy baseball with some very thoughful people, not a place to make enemies.

I quoted this again because I feel the same way, and I hope we have everything put behind us. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers