Should Moderators Be Fantasy Experts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Should Moderators Be Fantasy Experts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should Moderators Be Fantasy Experts?

Postby trevisc » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:51 pm

I want to get everyone's opinion on what you think a moderator here on the cafe is for. There are not wrong answers here I just want everyone's opinion.
Last edited by trevisc on Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby kentx12 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:54 pm

IMO, the Mods are great help. Anytime I have ever asked advise from any of them they have always done the best they can to help. As far as experts it is hard to say. Everyone has diffrent opinions on so many things it is sometimes hard to tell who is right or wrong. I give them all a big ;-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby denvermax » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:59 pm

i think the moderators are great as well. but i dont know what makes someone a fantasy expert. all i know is that they sure as hell know a lot and are always on to give an opinion.
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rjforlife » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:06 pm

moderators seem to me like the people that are most dedicated to the site, helping people out with all kinds of problems involving the site as well as with their teams and players. ive been on this site for about a year now and what ive realized is that the more time you spend on here, the more knowledgable you feel at least and i think it helps if you can be very confident in your advice, and most of the moderators seem to embody that very quality, and the little thing that says moderator under the name lets you know that that person is really trying to help you out the best they can.

thanks to all ;-D ;-D ;-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby KPucks » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:12 pm

I just realized that you are a mod trevisc, congrats. I think mods should have a good amount, not necessarily an expert, of fantasy baseball knowledge and they also have the responsibility of looking over the Cafe.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Should Moderators Be Fantasy Experts?

Postby Casimir » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:13 pm

trevisc wrote:I want to get everyone's opinion on what you think a moderator here on the cafe is for. There are not wrong answers here I just want everyone's opinion.

You kind of answered the poll in an indirect way. There are no wrong answers here. There are no right answers here. Its all opinion. Just because a moderator has an opinion does not mean that opinion is the Bible on fantasy baseball. Nor does that mean a moderator should have a certain degree of knowledge above and beyond everyone else that ventures into here. At least, that's my opinion. :-?

By the way, I found this site by accident a little over 2 weeks ago. I don't know who started it, but nice work. Its a great place to come for ideas and different points of view about baseball and fantasy baseball. ;-D Its much better than many message boards where a thread usually ends up as solely a personal smack down challenge after three posts. :-t
Addicted to the Cafe on 01/04/04.
Casimir
College Coach
College Coach

Location: On my way to the World Series victory parade for the Tigers.

Postby ramble2 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:09 pm

I'd only expect fantasy baseball experts if I were paying to use this site. My understanding of what the moderators do is to keep things civil. It's just a bonus that they also bring informed (and diverse) opinion to fantasy baseball.

Great job mods! ;-D
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 6)

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:33 am

I don't think bb knowledge is a must. It's a bonus and helpful. My impression is MODS are suppose to be people friendly, who are here alot. Imo, i think a MODS duty is too try not to attack someone personally, but help with site problems. The MODS here are great. ;-D
I have encountered MODS elsewhere that were very rude, and i told them so. I have even argued with the head honcho of a site, (Bob Kolm).

On a side note, i saw someone mention post counts. They don't mean much to me, because it only takes me 3 posts of a person to see where they stand.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby El Jefe » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:41 am

ramble2 wrote:My understanding of what the moderators do is to keep things civil. It's just a bonus that they also bring informed (and diverse) opinion to fantasy baseball.

Great job mods! ;-D

Well said Ramble 2. I've only been in these parts for a few days, and I've found myself agreeing and disagreeing with the moderator's opinions at a pretty even clip. And that's what I was looking for when I stumbled onto this site. Diversity.

Great job keeping it together ;-D
El Jefe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:52 am

HOOTIE wrote:On a side note, i saw someone mention post counts. They don't mean much to me, because it only takes me 3 posts of a person to see where they stand.

sometimes three sentences ;-D

A mod is basically forum Police.
The fact that "Arlo and Menyak" choose only "Caring, Helpful and Knowledgable" forum policemen .. only increases the quality of this "Fantasy Magazine" . ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 760)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers