Ted Lilly - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ted Lilly

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Sell High.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby negola_d » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:49 pm

daullaz wrote:Definitely hang on to him. He's not going to put up ace numbers all year, but 180-200 Ks is likely as is an ERA around 4.00.

I agree. The K's will be there and should win at least 15 once that offense really clicks.
But his ERA will be in the low-mid 4's
I watched all of his games so far. He's got good controll and real smart.
But he is a flyball pitcher and when weather warms up those long balls died on the warning track will leave the park.
IF he can avoid the longball he'll be a top 20 pitcher by the end of the year easily.
negola_d
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Laean » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:15 pm

negola_d wrote:
daullaz wrote:Definitely hang on to him. He's not going to put up ace numbers all year, but 180-200 Ks is likely as is an ERA around 4.00.

I agree. The K's will be there and should win at least 15 once that offense really clicks.
But he is a flyball pitcher and when weather warms up those long balls died on the warning track will leave the park.
IF he can avoid the longball he'll be a top 20 pitcher by the end of the year easily.

best post in this thread. i agree with everything.

at lowest, his era should be around 3.90. he'll get the Ks and Ws. he's a flyball pitcher in wrigley field. when the winds are blowing out, no way he won't give up a homer or two regularly.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:14 pm

Laean wrote:
negola_d wrote:

best post in this thread. i agree with everything.

at lowest, his era should be around 3.90. he'll get the Ks and Ws. he's a flyball pitcher in wrigley field. when the winds are blowing out, no way he won't give up a homer or two regularly.

Yeah I agree with the posts here. Lilly will be a solid pitcher all year. He'll give you decent Ks and wins while not hurting your ERA and WHIP all that much. However, we all know the best managers dont ride your roster all year. While I dont think lilly will be a bad pitcher at any point this year I think his value will be at the highest within the next couple of weeks. Consider this, his next two starts are at PIT and vs WAS, after these games he should have 7 pretty solid starts under his belt and will be worthy of a pretty solid bat in return. I say ride him for a couple more weeks and then look to move him to a team with a struggling staff ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Ender » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:25 pm

If the wind were blowing out the Brewers would have killed him, 5-6 ER easily so I have to agree with an ERA jump. I'd be more worried about him getting hurt than about his production not being good considering where he was drafted in most leagues.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby northjersey78 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:39 pm

I got Lilly in the 22nd round (of 23) in 1 league. SCORE!
http://www.newyorksportstown.com

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby luckygehrig » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:41 am

Thanks for all the posts guys. I got some good info. ;-D
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beezer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:33 am

He should continue to do well. I don't think he will be as good as this all year though. He is injury prone also. He has never thrown more than 200 innings. The most he has thrown is 197 in 2004. He is currently on pace to throw 243!!! He will break down at some point. I plan on keeping him for a while. I will probably try to deal him around the all-star break, unless he is still lights out!
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rhydderch » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:46 pm

Good thread. I will also make this suggestion that may help some people. Keep a careful eye on weather conditions at Wrigley. This is sorta dependent on being at a computer all day (like my job) but is a good idea if you can.

That way you can enjoy most of his starts, but can hold him back when necessary.
Rhydderch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:30 am

I'm thinking the same exact thing as Rhydderych... What do you guys think his ERA could be for a manager who benched him in bad fly-ball ballparks and at home when the wind was blowing out? (Now obviously this takes away some value, because you are only using him about half the time, but could he put up an ERA under 3.00 in these conditions?)
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers