Countdown to Lincecum (Russ Ortiz Edition) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Countdown to Lincecum (Russ Ortiz Edition)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Diggs » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:11 am

Yoda wrote:Sabean claimed that he won't use Linc as a reliever yesterday. I am updating his status in the minor league forum:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... &start=660

Yoda, you seem to be hot on Linecum's trail:

If you were forced to guess how long it is before we see Linecum wearing a SF Giants' uniform; would it be one week? Two weeks? Three weeks? Etc.

If he hadn't walked so many guys in yesterday's outing I'd say it could be this week. However, his stuff still seemed dominant, he just didn't have the command I think SF is looking (hoping) for.

My personal opinion is if he had the same stat line as yesterday just without the walks and hit batsman; we'd see him this or next week. Because of the command issues yesterday; I think we'll see him a week or so after his next start (assuming he will be his regular dominating self).

Would like to hear your thoughts ......
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:30 am

Diggs wrote:
Yoda wrote:Sabean claimed that he won't use Linc as a reliever yesterday. I am updating his status in the minor league forum:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... &start=660

Yoda, you seem to be hot on Linecum's trail:

If you were forced to guess how long it is before we see Linecum wearing a SF Giants' uniform; would it be one week? Two weeks? Three weeks? Etc.

If he hadn't walked so many guys in yesterday's outing I'd say it could be this week. However, his stuff still seemed dominant, he just didn't have the command I think SF is looking (hoping) for.

My personal opinion is if he had the same stat line as yesterday just without the walks and hit batsman; we'd see him this or next week. Because of the command issues yesterday; I think we'll see him a week or so after his next start (assuming he will be his regular dominating self).

Would like to hear your thoughts ......

Great curve balls are difficult to hit but equally tough for umps to call strikes and balls on. That being said, hitters were taking almost everything thrown at them in his last start and it showed on the BB column but also on the H column as well since they were barely making contact evidenced by the no hitter.

So, it's tough to say that he had command issues IMO. What encourages me more than anything so far is the fact that he is inducing a ton of ground ball outs. Combine his ability to utterly dominate while not giving up line drives/fly balls so far and it's very tough not to get excited.

As far as his ETA is concerned... They will make room for him if he continues his dominance. With each start he is proving that he doesn't belong at AAA. The point of keeping someone down is to learning their craft and gaining valuable experience. If he is dominating, then he is not learning. He needs to be challenged and the only way to do that is at the big league level. My guess is that he will be up by May 15 give or take a few days.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Diggs » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:33 am

Yoda wrote:Great curve balls are difficult to hit but equally tough for umps to call strikes and balls on. That being said, hitters were taking almost everything thrown at them in his last start and it showed on the BB column but also on the H column as well since they were barely making contact evidenced by the no hitter.

So, it's tough to say that he had command issues IMO. What encourages me more than anything so far is the fact that he is inducing a ton of ground ball outs. Combine his ability to utterly dominate while not giving up line drives/fly balls so far and it's very tough not to get excited.

As far as his ETA is concerned... They will make room for him if he continues his dominance. With each start he is proving that he doesn't belong at AAA. The point of keeping someone down is to learning their craft and gaining valuable experience. If he is dominating, then he is not learning. He needs to be challenged and the only way to do that is at the big league level. My guess is that he will be up by May 15 give or take a few days.

Well, he is available in my league but I'm sure not for long; and I want him. If I want to get him in my league I have to act now. Only problem is ..... I have NOBODY I want to cut. :-o
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:02 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 567)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers