So I got a job at McDonalds... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

So I got a job at McDonalds...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So I got a job at McDonalds...

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:34 pm

And whoops, I accidentally let this get in a happy meal. My bad.

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A grandmother was alarmed to find a condom in a happy meal gift pack bought for her 7-year-old granddaughter at a McDonald's restaurant in New Zealand, local media reported Thursday.

The condom was discovered Tuesday night in a bag that came with Maia Whitaker's meal, which her grandparents bought at a McDonald's outlet in the city of Wellington.

Grandpa Rowan Hutch told The Dominion Post newspaper it was lucky his wife was first to look inside the small sports bag that came with the meal.

She was aghast when she found the green condom and its packet inside the bag, he said.

"I was pretty horrified really. The fact my granddaughter was going to look in the bag and find this thing. It would be difficult to explain, she's only seven," said Hutch.

The outlet quickly swapped the happy meal for a hamburger and pencil case. McDonald's is investigating the find.

Spokeswoman Joanna Redfern-Hardisty said because of its popularity, the previous happy meal gift had sold out at the outlet and prepackaged sports bags were substituted as children's gifts.

One was left unsealed for display purposes and "somehow" had ended up with the customer, she said, without explaining why the condom was present.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070426/ap_ ... TxCvXtiBIF
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:35 pm

What's wrong with that? :-?

8-o Gross. :-P
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:07 pm

What horrible reporting. Other than 'how did it get there?' there's only one important question, and they don't answer it: Was it soiled?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:24 pm

I think this is probably the wrong way for McDonalds to advocate sexual education to the youth. :-? :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Leber » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:41 pm

I almost worked at McDonalds, I went to the training for it even. But when I got home from the training, the Pizza place where my friend worked called and hired me. Easiest $20 and a free combo meal ever. ;-D
Leber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby roninmedia » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:46 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:What horrible reporting. Other than 'how did it get there?' there's only one important question, and they don't answer it: Was it soiled?

Exactly. A used one would be a million times worse than an unopened one. I'm thinking it was unopened. I guess it is better than a rat or finger. ;-7
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:51 am

roninmedia wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:What horrible reporting. Other than 'how did it get there?' there's only one important question, and they don't answer it: Was it soiled?

Exactly. A used one would be a million times worse than an unopened one. I'm thinking it was unopened. I guess it is better than a rat or finger. ;-7

It says they found the condom and wrapper, so my guess would be that it was opened, but it doesn't say whether or not it was used.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CadensDad » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:55 am

I didnt use it

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Addicted to 1,000 posts

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:24 am

Congrats to sportsaddict on his first 1,000.

K
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:25 am

Somebody is getting fired.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk