Aaron Rowand. Under the radar? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aaron Rowand. Under the radar?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby activechamp2006 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:17 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:
i think he can be a solid 3rd of, but i think .300/25/25 is the max. i think .280 20 hr 18ish sb is what you could expect from him. a good comparison for him would be eric byrnes, just alittle worse.

Just my personal opinion, but I don't see Byrnes's upside as being palpably higher than Rowand's. Rowand is in a potentially sick lineup and has the tools to hit .300 and steal 20 bags. In that lineup, and in that park, there's no reason he can't get to 25 HRs.

If he hit .300 and got 600 ABs, I'd say he'd go 100/100 also.

At any rate, I think he has a better shot to hit .300 than Byrnes.

You think Rowand is streaky...

I agree with most of what you are saying. Except the 100/100 comment. He won't get that high. Maybe 90-90.

I actually think Rowand has more potential then Byrnes. I believe Rowand will have the better year, for the simple fact that he hits for a much better BA.. This will make him the better player. There power and speed are comprable. Byrnes is a career 262 hitter. Rowand is a career 282 hitter. Not to mention what was already stated, he's on a much better offensive ballclub.

I hope Rowand pulls off the 20-20 this year, but in reality I think he's more likely to hit 20+ hrs then he is to steal 20+ bags. Mainly because he's a #7 hitter. If he can keep his BA up close to 300 this season while getting 500+ ab's he could be a very valuable player. Not to mention keeping up the good plate discipline. (I'm loving the increase in walks) Rowand has 11 walks in 74 ab's this season. That's a lot considering he only walked 18 all of last year in 405 ab's.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Green Monstah » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:55 am

I have had him as a 5th OF when Matsui went down with an injury. I was very pleased with his results O:-) Now he is back in my lineup this weekend with Rocco hurt. I wish the rest of the Phillies lineup would warm up a little too so he would have more opportunities with men on base, but beggars can't be choosers !+)
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 am

Green Monstah wrote:I wish the rest of the Phillies lineup would warm up a little too so he would have more opportunities with men on base, but beggars can't be choosers !+)

Utley's hitting very well right now.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby converge241 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:35 pm

as said before he has his streaks and goes too all out on def for fantasy owners' likes

SELL HIGH or ride him while he is hot just dont go overboard with what he is doing

he is actually a binkie of mine for his play in the field but I never invest too much in him for fantasy for the same reason
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 121)

Postby 5 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:37 pm

I like Rowand. I had him in a few leagues last year. He did okay but when he didn't occupy that 2-hole in the Philly lineup, I liked him less. Then he crashed....

He is streaky but that's a nice home park to have.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jdsun1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:53 pm

Sell High!
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laean » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:36 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Green Monstah wrote:I wish the rest of the Phillies lineup would warm up a little too so he would have more opportunities with men on base, but beggars can't be choosers !+)

Utley's hitting very well right now.

well to be fair, he was .250 avg until that 5/5 game raised his avg to .290. i wouldn't say one "on game" as hitting very well in general.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby activechamp2006 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:07 pm

Another dinger for Rowand. That's 5. B-)
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby converge241 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:05 pm

converge241 wrote:
SELL HIGH or ride him while he is hot just dont go overboard with what he is doing

I had him in the lineup over Damon today so I'm riding him lol but Im starting to send offers over the weekend :-B
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 121)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:08 am

Rowand is an insane madman.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)