Going to a Cub's game soon, need some help. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Going to a Cub's game soon, need some help.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Old_Style » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:55 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:Make sure to grow a porn stache, don't wear a shit, bring as many guys with you as possible, and bring a huge rainbow flag.

If you're going to be a Cubs fan for a day you might as well do it right.. ;-D


as opposed to the ever stylish Sox fans:

Image


Oh god, I was at that game. I believe it was vs the Royals. The Sox had some sort of promotion going on, can't quite remember what it was, something like dollar ticket night. All I know is that everyone who has ever lived in a trailor park made their way to the ball game. The game was stopped 4 or 5 times due to drunkards storming the field, then that idiot attacked the ump. :-[ Ugly scene.

I'm trying to remember, who was the player who was attacked at the Wrigley? It happened near the vistors pen. Some idiot fan grabbed his hat so the guy turned around and chocked the fan. I believe the guy was a catcher. Happened anywhere between 7-10 years ago. Anyone have an idea?


That would be former Dodger great, Chad Kreuter.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:06 am

Old_Style wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:Make sure to grow a porn stache, don't wear a shit, bring as many guys with you as possible, and bring a huge rainbow flag.

If you're going to be a Cubs fan for a day you might as well do it right.. ;-D


as opposed to the ever stylish Sox fans:

Image


Oh god, I was at that game. I believe it was vs the Royals. The Sox had some sort of promotion going on, can't quite remember what it was, something like dollar ticket night. All I know is that everyone who has ever lived in a trailor park made their way to the ball game. The game was stopped 4 or 5 times due to drunkards storming the field, then that idiot attacked the ump. :-[ Ugly scene.

I'm trying to remember, who was the player who was attacked at the Wrigley? It happened near the vistors pen. Some idiot fan grabbed his hat so the guy turned around and chocked the fan. I believe the guy was a catcher. Happened anywhere between 7-10 years ago. Anyone have an idea?


That would be former Dodger great, Chad Kreuter.


Nice Job! That's what I was looking for.

Image
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby ThatDude » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:10 am

luckygehrig wrote:I went to Wrigley a few years ago and I would definitely recommend looking into getting tickets online right now! Wrigley and Fenway were both by far the hardest tickets to come by and the most expensive. Ebay is a pretty good bet and I've had success with StubHub in the past as well. Not too sure on the seating as I only saw one game there, but the recommendations from all the Cubby fans sound pretty good to me. I know that the tourists tend to go for the bleachers and I'm pretty sure it's usually a drunk-fest out there. I guess it depends if that's what you want to do for whether the bleachers are for you or not. Just like everyone else has said, Wrigleyville is hopping both before and after the games. I would plan to spend some time down there checking everything out. And I can vouch for Giordano's pizzas. I had a spinach and mushroom deep dish when I was there. I hate veggies, but it was the best pizza I've ever eaten. Good luck! ;-D


Personally, I'm a fan of Gino's East.

But you really can't go wrong with the real Chicago Deep Dish.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby luckygehrig » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:20 am

ThatDude wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:I went to Wrigley a few years ago and I would definitely recommend looking into getting tickets online right now! Wrigley and Fenway were both by far the hardest tickets to come by and the most expensive. Ebay is a pretty good bet and I've had success with StubHub in the past as well. Not too sure on the seating as I only saw one game there, but the recommendations from all the Cubby fans sound pretty good to me. I know that the tourists tend to go for the bleachers and I'm pretty sure it's usually a drunk-fest out there. I guess it depends if that's what you want to do for whether the bleachers are for you or not. Just like everyone else has said, Wrigleyville is hopping both before and after the games. I would plan to spend some time down there checking everything out. And I can vouch for Giordano's pizzas. I had a spinach and mushroom deep dish when I was there. I hate veggies, but it was the best pizza I've ever eaten. Good luck! ;-D


Personally, I'm a fan of Gino's East.

But you really can't go wrong with the real Chicago Deep Dish.

I can't say I prefer either one, since I only had Giordano's while I was there. I'll have to check out Gino's East if I ever get back though. ;-D
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1633
Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nevada

Postby ThatDude » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:32 am

luckygehrig wrote:
ThatDude wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:I went to Wrigley a few years ago and I would definitely recommend looking into getting tickets online right now! Wrigley and Fenway were both by far the hardest tickets to come by and the most expensive. Ebay is a pretty good bet and I've had success with StubHub in the past as well. Not too sure on the seating as I only saw one game there, but the recommendations from all the Cubby fans sound pretty good to me. I know that the tourists tend to go for the bleachers and I'm pretty sure it's usually a drunk-fest out there. I guess it depends if that's what you want to do for whether the bleachers are for you or not. Just like everyone else has said, Wrigleyville is hopping both before and after the games. I would plan to spend some time down there checking everything out. And I can vouch for Giordano's pizzas. I had a spinach and mushroom deep dish when I was there. I hate veggies, but it was the best pizza I've ever eaten. Good luck! ;-D


Personally, I'm a fan of Gino's East.

But you really can't go wrong with the real Chicago Deep Dish.

I can't say I prefer either one, since I only had Giordano's while I was there. I'll have to check out Gino's East if I ever get back though. ;-D


I've had 'em all, and I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them. It usually comes down to which one I've had most recently.

Though I've never had a spinach and mushroom pizza of any kind. Hell, I don't think I've ever had spinach or mushrooms in my entire life unless you count magic mushrooms, but I'm pretty sure you can't get those on your pizza at a restaurant.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby luckygehrig » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:35 am

ThatDude wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:
ThatDude wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:I went to Wrigley a few years ago and I would definitely recommend looking into getting tickets online right now! Wrigley and Fenway were both by far the hardest tickets to come by and the most expensive. Ebay is a pretty good bet and I've had success with StubHub in the past as well. Not too sure on the seating as I only saw one game there, but the recommendations from all the Cubby fans sound pretty good to me. I know that the tourists tend to go for the bleachers and I'm pretty sure it's usually a drunk-fest out there. I guess it depends if that's what you want to do for whether the bleachers are for you or not. Just like everyone else has said, Wrigleyville is hopping both before and after the games. I would plan to spend some time down there checking everything out. And I can vouch for Giordano's pizzas. I had a spinach and mushroom deep dish when I was there. I hate veggies, but it was the best pizza I've ever eaten. Good luck! ;-D


Personally, I'm a fan of Gino's East.

But you really can't go wrong with the real Chicago Deep Dish.

I can't say I prefer either one, since I only had Giordano's while I was there. I'll have to check out Gino's East if I ever get back though. ;-D


I've had 'em all, and I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them. It usually comes down to which one I've had most recently.

Though I've never had a spinach and mushroom pizza of any kind. Hell, I don't think I've ever had spinach or mushrooms in my entire life unless you count magic mushrooms, but I'm pretty sure you can't get those on your pizza at a restaurant.

Lol. I'm pretty sure that it's not a menu choice. :-b And I balked at first when I heard "spinach and mushroom pizza," but I was on a road trip at the time and figured "Eh, you only live once." I was pleasantly surprised.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1633
Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nevada

Postby Dhark » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:55 am

Gino's is great, I also recommend (Cubbiebear, Murphy's, Sluggers which has a batting cage and a dueling piano bar upstairs. The piano bar is awsome w/ a stripper pole in between the two piano's. I would also look for tickets on ebay. I saw some tickets just a few rows behind the dugout for $50 the other day. I went to the game yesterday and here is my advice.....remember this:

Whatever you do....if the opposing team hits a homerun do yourself a favor and throw the ball back on the field. The Brewers went yard (Weeks I think) and it went on Waveland. A guy on the street threw the ball back in. But it went in the stands a few rows in front of me and my boys. This "cub fan" caught it and would not throw it back on the field. The fans went nuts yelling at him to throw it back. It was so bad security surrounded him. They were relentless in harassing this guy, myself included. He stole someone elses suvenier and wouldn't throw it back. It went on for several innings until this guy finally couldn't take the harassment and left. About 15 minutes later some other guy comes to the same section w/ a ball in his hand and throws it on the field. I am guessing they caught the guy and stole his precious ball. Now that is funny. Cub fans are brutal, and I love it. I would get the best seats available if you can, or just get bleachers. I usually sit 100's or lower behind the bullpen or cubs dugout. I really like sitting in section eight-eleven or so, by the bullpen.
Image
Dhark
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 121
Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:29 am

AcidRock23 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:Make sure to grow a porn stache, don't wear a shit, bring as many guys with you as possible, and bring a huge rainbow flag.

If you're going to be a Cubs fan for a day you might as well do it right.. ;-D


as opposed to the ever stylish Sox fans:

Image
:-D :-D :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby ironman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:16 am

Murphy's is OK and you should at least check out the Cubby Bear once. I've never really been to Sluggers, and have never heard anything good really said about Hi-Tops. I personally like going to Bernies on the corner of Clark and Waveland. Good Cub bar without as many drunken posers.

Also the Gingerman about a block north on Clark is fantastic, but I wouldn't call it a Cub bar by any means.

Also drink at least one Old Style while you're at the game.

While box seats are great, being in the bleachers really is a whole different experience. Also sit in left field. Right field sucks. ;-)
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby decktard » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:19 am

Dhark wrote:Cub fans are brutal, and I love it.


Yeah... and all the jagoffs come up to Milwaukee to watch their loser ball club there too.

I don't hate the actual Cubs team... but I hope they do bad because it crushes the little cubbie fans. They all act like they've been die hard forever... but if you look at the attendance figures since the late 70s they're just as fair weather as any other team. ;-D
decktard
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 126
Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact