mits wrote:Hello from Alaska! I will be in Chi town on May 28-30 and want to attend a Cubs game. A few questions:
1. Can I pre-buy tickets or will they be sold out? Should I buy from a scalper?
2. Where should I sit? Best seats?
3. Any place to go before or after the game that is a must?
Thanks for any help!
1. Tickets should be pretty easy to come by since the Marlins are in town. Pre-ordering tickets would be the way to go.
2. Not sure, but I hear the bleachers are pretty nice.
I usually sit in the cheap seats, so I can't say which seats are good and which are bad. I don't have a problem where I sit usually. It depends on how much you're willing to pay for tickets.
3. If you're looking for somewhere to eat, Gino's East (on Lincoln), and Giordano's (on Sheffield) are some good pizza places. If you're looking for a bar, Murphy's (on Sheffield) is the only one I've been to. Great atmosphere for after the ballgame.
There are a ton of blues clubs in that area if that's your thing too.