Should I stay or should I go - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Should I stay or should I go

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wake » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:35 pm

I heard them talking about this on the news the other day and they brought up a good point about how he'd be hurting his country by fighting. He'd be a target to be killed or kidnapped over there and any help he'd bring by fighting would be more than offset by the number of soldiers who'd have to worry about protecting him.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:43 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:Really, the idea of the "Royal Family" infuriates you?
Yes

The Miner Part 2 wrote:So that brings you to wanting him to die? Seriously, get a life. ;-7

No. Re-read my post, specifically, this part: "Actually, no, I don't hope he dies."

The Miner Part 2 wrote:It's funny how people have to bitch and cry about everything.
What part of my post do you consider bitching and crying? Also, what constitutes "everything"?

The Miner Part 2 wrote:The fact is this kid could be sitting on his ass partying everyday, not giving a crap about anything around him, yet he decides to step up and lead by example for his country, and losers like you still are big bad armchair quarterbacks. Pathetic. :-t
Isn't an armchair quarterback someone who second guesses the decisions that someone else makes? Like, if he were to go and then I said, "I don't think the Brits should send him to a war zone," that would be armchair quarterbacking, as it is, though, I'm just giving my opinion. Or is everyone who states an opinion armchair quarterbacking? "Step up and lead by example for his country"? Please. He'll never see combat, and he's most likely doing it to further his political/royal career.

Anyway, it would probably be more accurate to say: I don't care if he dies any more than I care about any other soldiers in Iraq, rather than just "I don't care if he dies."
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Bloody peasant!

I don't see anything wrong with the concept of a Royal Family, despite them being nothing more than figureheads with a mega-celebrity following.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:09 pm

I hate the way they spell things with extra u's.

In the UK, "Colour Me Badd" didn't have the same ring to it.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:24 pm

Coppermine wrote:I hate the way they spell things with extra u's.

In the UK, "Colour Me Badd" didn't have the same ring to it.

Or like, do me a favour or what's your favourite team?

You do know that they spell automotive tires as "tyres" right? :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:32 pm

i care if he dies. i care if anyone dies. if he decided to enlist and fight in the army then so be it. it was his decision. (im assuming the uk runs their army the same way america does. if they dont, then i dont know.) i hope he doesnt get hurt and i also hope that they treat him the same way as other soldiers (even though im sure they wont.) this reminds me of saving private ryan actually, where other soldiers risked and lost their lives to protect one person.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk