Maddux is next quarry at Shea??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Maddux is next quarry at Shea???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:45 pm

Yeah but you better watch out because we will shoot back with more than just arrows.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:28 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah but you better watch out because we will shoot back with more than just arrows.

yeah..like $100 dollar bills!

lol
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Big Blue » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:31 pm

looks like the Mets are loading for an old timers game
Big Blue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby moose » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:16 am

They wont get Maddux anyway. (thank God) This is more crap from the NY tabloids. It isnt fit to wipe your arse with.

Maddux hates NY. Remember the offseason of 92?
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:24 am

moose wrote:They wont get Maddux anyway. (thank God) This is more crap from the NY tabloids. It isnt fit to wipe your arse with.

yes but he has an agent who loves that New York Money. :-) Nobody else is offering that kinda of cash ... I'd say its a perfect fit for the Mets. It fits the Mets style, old, declining and overpaid.

I still think Greg will end up on the West coast though. Maybe a little partnership with RJ. :-) One night Greg lulls ya to sleep, The next night RJ smokes it buy ya, and the third night Webb has you whiffing at balls bouncing. :-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1151)

Postby Madison » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:01 am

I find it unlikely that Maddux ends up on the Mets. Then again, who predicted Vlad would land on the Angels? 8-o

Time will tell.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moose » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:47 am

wrveres wrote:
moose wrote:They wont get Maddux anyway. (thank God) This is more crap from the NY tabloids. It isnt fit to wipe your arse with.

yes but he has an agent who loves that New York Money. :-) Nobody else is offering that kinda of cash ... I'd say its a perfect fit for the Mets. It fits the Mets style, old, declining and overpaid.

I still think Greg will end up on the West coast though. Maybe a little partnership with RJ. :-) One night Greg lulls ya to sleep, The next night RJ smokes it buy ya, and the third night Webb has you whiffing at balls bouncing. :-)

Answer me this: since Jim Duquette took over, how many old declining players has he signed? Look it up. You guys might learn something about a team you pretend to know about.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby swingaway » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:56 am

kentx12 wrote:Maddux would be a great fit for the Mets. A declineing older player. That are the type they love to give big money too.

i agree and the mets moto should be your past your prime come over here we give u the big bucks lol
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moose » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:42 am

swingaway wrote:
kentx12 wrote:Maddux would be a great fit for the Mets. A declineing older player. That are the type they love to give big money too.

i agree and the mets moto should be your past your prime come over here we give u the big bucks lol

Then answer the question. You guys profess to know their MO. And you were right -in the Steve Phillips era.

Bt this place continues to paint the Mets with that old brush. So tell me: What old past his prime vet has Duquette signed?

Who?

I'm waiting.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Erboes » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:56 am

moose wrote:
swingaway wrote:

Then answer the question. You guys profess to know their MO. And you were right -in the Steve Phillips era.

Bt this place continues to paint the Mets with that old brush. So tell me: What old past his prime vet has Duquette signed?

Who?

I'm waiting.

It depends. Was he on board when they signed Glavine?

The reason the Mets are a joke around here is because their objective for many years now has been to assemble as much talent as possible -- usually older -- then it has been to assemble a team. I don't even think you, Moose, can disagree that it has been a disaster for the most part.

Now, we here the talk that they believe they're one old superstar away from contention makes most of us snicker because that has been their thinking before the GM change. In most of our minds, if they sign Maddux it means nothing has changed in the organization. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

You can continue to last out at the Met jokes if you want, but in my opinion they are well deserved, especially since teams with half their payroll find ways to compete.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers