Thorne: Schilling's sock was painted, not bloodied. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thorne: Schilling's sock was painted, not bloodied.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:54 pm

DK wrote:
josebach wrote:
DK wrote:Considering that this is a total non-issue and has nowhere to go but down from here, I'd like to recommend it get locked before this goes any further.

Why lock it? Who's arguing? :-?

I don't care, but it seems silly to call for a lock when this thread was going to go away on it's own anyway.

I can just see where it's going. Half the posts are just people calling Schilling an arrogant prick, and the other half are talking about how it's a non-issue and Thorpe is a jackass for saying anything.
I just don't see anything positive coming from that, and you might as well lock it before any serious/angry arguments occur over something that happened 3 years ago and is still a sore spot for lots of Yankees fans.
Preventive measures, if you will.

IBTL ;-7

there...that should do it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:59 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
DK wrote:
josebach wrote:
DK wrote:Considering that this is a total non-issue and has nowhere to go but down from here, I'd like to recommend it get locked before this goes any further.

Why lock it? Who's arguing? :-?

I don't care, but it seems silly to call for a lock when this thread was going to go away on it's own anyway.

I can just see where it's going. Half the posts are just people calling Schilling an arrogant prick, and the other half are talking about how it's a non-issue and Thorpe is a jackass for saying anything.
I just don't see anything positive coming from that, and you might as well lock it before any serious/angry arguments occur over something that happened 3 years ago and is still a sore spot for lots of Yankees fans.
Preventive measures, if you will.

IBTL ;-7

there...that should do it

The mods aren't puppets. They're not going to lock a thread because someone calls for it or posts IBTL. As a matter of fact, if nobody brought up locking, it would be halfway down the page by now.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DK » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:02 pm

The last post before mine was 2:09. That's like 10 posts down on a forum that has 50 posts per page.

Either way, this argument is 10x more pointless than anything else that was talked about, so I'm done.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:04 pm

DK wrote:The last post before mine was 2:09. That's like 10 posts down on a forum that has 50 posts per page.

Either way, this argument is 10x more pointless than anything else that was talked about, so I'm done.

My bad... 12 posts down out of 47. A quarter of the way down the page. I'm done too. :-b
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FISHFISHFISH » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:18 pm

There is absolutely no way that it was blood. I was under the impression that everyone knew that this was a PR hoax.

I was at the game, sitting really close and I could smell that it was ketchup.
FISHFISHFISH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WhiteHot » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:20 pm

I think it was either blood or a substance of a similar color.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:05 pm

WhiteHot wrote:I think it was either blood or a substance of a similar color.

That contradicts my theory. I thought it was blood or a substance of a different color.

;-7
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby illmatic00 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:31 pm

Everybody knows that it was blood on the sock. This is nonsense. He has just offered 1 million to anyone who can prove that it wasn't blood.
Dice-K Is here
illmatic00
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:39 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I don't think we need a painted sock to discover what a tool Curt Schilling is.

Precisely my thinking. ;-D

Have you personally met Curt?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:05 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I don't think we need a painted sock to discover what a tool Curt Schilling is.

Precisely my thinking. ;-D

Have you personally met Curt?

No, but I guess he could be a completely different person in his personal life than what he acts like in public. Therefore, I will say that I don't need a painted sock to know that Curt Schilling acts like a tool in public, despite not knowing whether he is or is not a tool in his personal life.

Satisfactory?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers