Big Tex what a stiff! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Tex what a stiff!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby greenandgold » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:15 pm

stumpak wrote:I have been expecting a post like this for the past 2 weeks. If you can trade for him on the cheap, do it. If you have him and you drop him or give him away for a song, you are an idiot.

The only limitation I see is that having Sosa hitting behind him is not exactly helpful, and Tex's early poor start is reminiscent of last year, when Blalock was hitting behind him before the Lee trade and swinging the bat like a 12 year old girl. But Tex will be fine in the long run, and if he plays 150+ games and does not equal last year's HR total I will eat a big steaming plate of poop and place on youtube for all to see.

Awesome.

I gave Giambi and Lince for Tex, then swapped him for Pronk.
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:20 pm

hot4tx wrote:
SweetAurillia wrote:
stumpak wrote:I have been expecting a post like this for the past 2 weeks. If you can trade for him on the cheap, do it. If you have him and you drop him or give him away for a song, you are an idiot.

The only limitation I see is that having Sosa hitting behind him is not exactly helpful, and Tex's early poor start is reminiscent of last year, when Blalock was hitting behind him before the Lee trade and swinging the bat like a 12 year old girl. But Tex will be fine in the long run, and if he plays 150+ games and does not equal last year's HR total I will eat a big steaming plate of poop and place on youtube for all to see.

I'm officially on the "Root for Teix to fail this season" bandwagon.

Rangers fan here, but if the Cafe set up a hot-link to said poop-eating I'll officially be rooting against Tex this year too!!! :-D

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see that? :-o :-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:28 pm

Yoda wrote:He's going to turn it around like he did last year for sure but I've been the biggest opponent of Teixeira for some time as many people know. I took a lot of beating before last year but looks like Teixeira is not the superstar stud that everyone thought he was.

Definition of proponent :-D

While it is your obligation to point out that you weren't high on Tex last year, it is my coinciding obligation to point out that your argument against him was terribly wrong (he ended up performing excellently on the road last year).
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Millhouse » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:29 pm

greenandgold wrote:

Awesome.

I gave Giambi and Lince for Tex, then swapped him for Pronk.

wow. someone gave you pronk for tex straight up? that's horrible (for him).

and while i don't agree with the panic crowd selling him for a song, i also don't think tex will put up the same numbers as last year's 2nd half. worse lineup (no c.lee protection), no reason to pitch to him, he's swinging and missing at more bad pitches this year (watched a bunch of TEX games and he looks a little more lost right now even than he did during his slow start last year). personally, i see him hitting 25ish HRs, 100RBI. not terrible, but certainly not what you paid for, either, and i think anyone expecting him to explode like 2nd half last year will be sorely disappointed, so if you can ravage someone in a trade for a pronk-like stud, do it now.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 167)

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:30 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Yoda wrote:He's going to turn it around like he did last year for sure but I've been the biggest opponent of Teixeira for some time as many people know. I took a lot of beating before last year but looks like Teixeira is not the superstar stud that everyone thought he was.

While it is your obligation to point out that you weren't high on Tex last year, it is my coinciding obligation to point out that your argument against him was terribly wrong (he ended up performing excellently on the road last year).

So, Yoda wasn't really right...just lucky? O:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:35 pm

slomo007 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

So, Yoda wasn't really right...just lucky? O:-)

I never said that. :-)
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby colt4523 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:07 pm

He has been a keeper for me the last 3 years and I probably will end up not keeping him this year. With Wright and Tex not hitting, my offensive point totals have been terrible. Tex and Wright have a combined 8.5 pts for me this week. Plus you add in Cabrera slumping the last 2 weeks and you get 2 straight losses and possible another this week.

A good second half from him might be too late. The only person I can replace Tex with is Kevin Millar, so I have to wait this out for the next 2 months :-o I doubt you can get anything close value wise to where you drafted him (or my case a keeper) and dropping him would be ridiculous.

You would figured he would get lucky and at least get some kind of cheap homer or something. 3 rbis and 0 home runs a month into the season is beyond struggling. With those numbers he should be hitting 10th in the order }:-)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:12 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
hot4tx wrote:
SweetAurillia wrote:

I'm officially on the "Root for Teix to fail this season" bandwagon.

Rangers fan here, but if the Cafe set up a hot-link to said poop-eating I'll officially be rooting against Tex this year too!!! :-D

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see that? :-o :-b

Im with ya. It would be funny at first, but I'd probably puke after a while. :-P :-b
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Pablo975 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Yeah, I kept Tex the last 3 years too, along with Crawford, ARod, and Vladdy.

For 08, I might have to dump him for Delmon Young to round out my 4 keepers.

Course, 2 months from now, he'll be on a hot streak and be back in my good graces I'm sure.....

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Laean » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:51 pm

jeez ... by now people should know that he could start slow.

if you knew that and drafted him or traded for him anyway, you don't got any right to complain now. if you didn't know the story behind teix, why did you take him so early when his #s last year didn't reflect it? if yahoo autodrafted for you, guess just chalk it up to learning fantasy baseball.

i traded thome for him in a h2h league, and i'm sure i'll make playoffs with the team i currently have, so i feel fine with teix taking his time right now.

if it's a roto league, i would be pretty frustrated i suppose, but then i would've known better than to draft him 1st or 2nd round.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers