Big Tex what a stiff! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Tex what a stiff!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:42 pm

You expect that a season like last year's is a fluke no matter who does it. The fact that he's starting so slow again this year is very frustrating for his owners. There's no reason why he should choose not to show up until July.

That being said, I would do exactly what others have said. Get somebody to fill in for now and hope he starts hitting ASAP.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Tex what a stiff!

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:51 pm

hett2333 wrote:
look at last year's splits.[/quote]

That's why he's such a fantasy headache...he was terrible the entire first half of the season, and he is off to an even worse start this year. Even with last years stats, he doesn't even touch his 2005 numbers.[/quote]

hes a slow starter. if you look at his 2nd half numbers they're exceptional. i wouldnt trade him for less than what you drafted him as.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GrubNasty » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:55 pm

stumpak wrote:I have been expecting a post like this for the past 2 weeks. If you can trade for him on the cheap, do it. If you have him and you drop him or give him away for a song, you are an idiot.

The only limitation I see is that having Sosa hitting behind him is not exactly helpful, and Tex's early poor start is reminiscent of last year, when Blalock was hitting behind him before the Lee trade and swinging the bat like a 12 year old girl. But Tex will be fine in the long run, and if he plays 150+ games and does not equal last year's HR total I will eat a big steaming plate of poop and place on youtube for all to see.

Dude. Don't give me a reason to not want tex to go off in july :-D
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:57 pm

He's going to turn it around like he did last year for sure but I've been the biggest opponent of Teixeira for some time as many people know. I took a lot of beating before last year but looks like Teixeira is not the superstar stud that everyone thought he was.
Last edited by Yoda on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SweetAurillia » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:57 pm

stumpak wrote:I have been expecting a post like this for the past 2 weeks. If you can trade for him on the cheap, do it. If you have him and you drop him or give him away for a song, you are an idiot.

The only limitation I see is that having Sosa hitting behind him is not exactly helpful, and Tex's early poor start is reminiscent of last year, when Blalock was hitting behind him before the Lee trade and swinging the bat like a 12 year old girl. But Tex will be fine in the long run, and if he plays 150+ games and does not equal last year's HR total I will eat a big steaming plate of poop and place on youtube for all to see.

I'm officially on the "Root for Teix to fail this season" bandwagon.
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Hank has 2 2Bs today, Sosa has 2 HRs. Hopefully with some of these other guys producing Tex will find his zone.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby hot4tx » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:04 pm

SweetAurillia wrote:

Rangers fan here, but if the Cafe set up a hot-link to said poop-eating I'll officially be rooting against Tex this year too!!! :-D
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby J35J » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:05 pm

hot4tx wrote:
SweetAurillia wrote:

Rangers fan here, but if the Cafe set up a hot-link to said poop-eating I'll officially be rooting against Tex this year too!!! :-D

Well since I don't own him I will officially join my first bandwagon of the year..... O:-)

Someone needs to put his quote in there sig so we can follow it throughout the year!! :-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby hett2333 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:06 pm

Wow he is 0-4 today with only 1k. That's an improvement! I have him on my team, and I'm even hoping he flops so I never have to think about trading or drafting him again. So all you Big Tex lovers out there...when do you think he will hit is first hr of the year? I'm thinking May 23.

Check out pictures of the guy in 05, and look at him now. I think he was involved in a little supplement enhancement program back then...
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikhayl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:13 pm

Doughhead wrote:What are people giving up to get him as a buy low?

It was part of a larger deal but basically Tejada.

Tejada, Saito, Schmidt

For

Tex, R. Soriano
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers