Carlos Zambrano from here on out: Discuss - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Zambrano from here on out: Discuss

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:11 pm

Yes a 3.63 ERA with a 1.39 WHIP is replacement level.

Never said he wouldn't have value, he'll get decent wins, he'll get good K's. He's just not a 4th or 5th round pick because I don't believe he'll have a great ERA/WHIP this year.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nolanwood » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:22 pm

Ender wrote:Yes a 3.63 ERA with a 1.39 WHIP is replacement level.

Never said he wouldn't have value, he'll get decent wins, he'll get good K's. He's just not a 4th or 5th round pick because I don't believe he'll have a great ERA/WHIP this year.


Wow - you must play in a THIN league if a 3.63 era is grounds for replacement!! :-?
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 464
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:26 pm

nolanwood wrote:
Ender wrote:Yes a 3.63 ERA with a 1.39 WHIP is replacement level.

Never said he wouldn't have value, he'll get decent wins, he'll get good K's. He's just not a 4th or 5th round pick because I don't believe he'll have a great ERA/WHIP this year.


Wow - you must play in a THIN league if a 3.63 era is grounds for replacement!! :-?


Are you being obtuse on purpose or is it really so difficult to grasp that a pitcher with a 3.63 ERA and a 1.39 WHIP is not valuable in fantasy baseball. A 1.39 whip is really bad, its last place in most leagues. Any points you gain from the 3.63 ERA you lose with the WHIP. I could play pitch or ditch and get better ERA/WHIP.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:51 pm

Ender wrote:
nolanwood wrote:
Ender wrote:Yes a 3.63 ERA with a 1.39 WHIP is replacement level.

Never said he wouldn't have value, he'll get decent wins, he'll get good K's. He's just not a 4th or 5th round pick because I don't believe he'll have a great ERA/WHIP this year.


Wow - you must play in a THIN league if a 3.63 era is grounds for replacement!! :-?


Are you being obtuse on purpose or is it really so difficult to grasp that a pitcher with a 3.63 ERA and a 1.39 WHIP is not valuable in fantasy baseball. A 1.39 whip is really bad, its last place in most leagues. Any points you gain from the 3.63 ERA you lose with the WHIP. I could play pitch or ditch and get better ERA/WHIP.


I agree with the WHIP, but how is a 3.63 not valuable in fantasy baseball? only top 8-10 have ERA's under that... :-?
Image
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2628
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Getting swept away...

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:57 pm

LukeW9027 wrote:
Ender wrote:
nolanwood wrote:
Ender wrote:Yes a 3.63 ERA with a 1.39 WHIP is replacement level.

Never said he wouldn't have value, he'll get decent wins, he'll get good K's. He's just not a 4th or 5th round pick because I don't believe he'll have a great ERA/WHIP this year.


Wow - you must play in a THIN league if a 3.63 era is grounds for replacement!! :-?


Are you being obtuse on purpose or is it really so difficult to grasp that a pitcher with a 3.63 ERA and a 1.39 WHIP is not valuable in fantasy baseball. A 1.39 whip is really bad, its last place in most leagues. Any points you gain from the 3.63 ERA you lose with the WHIP. I could play pitch or ditch and get better ERA/WHIP.


I agree with the WHIP, but how is a 3.63 not valuable in fantasy baseball? only top 8-10 have ERA's under that... :-?


I think combined, it is close to replacement level. I have to look it up though.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 14:18 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact