Yahoo Position Eligibility? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Position Eligibility?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tribe-Fan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:03 pm

trevisc wrote:
bell wrote:Here's a quick reference: http://www.letsplay2.com/baseball/pos_elig.cfm

KDOGG wrote:speaking of position eligibility, is mark tiexeira eligible at 1st 3rd and OF ?

Texeira will be 1B/OF.


good reference. I didn't know that all they had to do was make an appearance. so if chipper is in the OF and derosa gets hurt so they move him over for the last 2 innings in a game then that would count as 1 game for chipper at 3B?

if so then that's pretty cool.


That is not a bad link, but that is 20 games at a position. Yahoo only needs 15. I wanted to point that out in case someone using Yahoo wanted to use that chart.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 376
Joined: 1 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Born in Cleveland, so they are my team. Mine.

Postby trevisc » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:06 pm

bell wrote:Is Chipper really the backup third baseman? No one on the bench? Interesting....


They have that Rookie Marte but I don't think he'll make the opening day roster. I really don't think they have another backup unless Eli Marrero can play 3b
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 11271
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby bell » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:07 pm

Tribe-Fan wrote:
trevisc wrote:
bell wrote:Here's a quick reference: (Edited. Don't use link.)

KDOGG wrote:speaking of position eligibility, is mark tiexeira eligible at 1st 3rd and OF ?

Texeira will be 1B/OF.


good reference. I didn't know that all they had to do was make an appearance. so if chipper is in the OF and derosa gets hurt so they move him over for the last 2 innings in a game then that would count as 1 game for chipper at 3B?

if so then that's pretty cool.


That is not a bad link, but that is 20 games at a position. Yahoo only needs 15. I wanted to point that out in case someone using Yahoo wanted to use that chart.

Wow, thanks for the catch Tribe Fan. In that case, anyone have a better quick reference?
Last edited by bell on Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1694
Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stumbling along the AZ/WI border

Postby bell » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:08 pm

trevisc wrote:
bell wrote:Is Chipper really the backup third baseman? No one on the bench? Interesting....


They have that Rookie Marte but I don't think he'll make the opening day roster. I really don't think they have another backup unless Eli Marrero can play 3b

Things would get real screwy with both De Rosa and Drew on the DL. :-o
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1694
Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stumbling along the AZ/WI border

Postby trevisc » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:10 pm

bell wrote:
trevisc wrote:
bell wrote:Is Chipper really the backup third baseman? No one on the bench? Interesting....


They have that Rookie Marte but I don't think he'll make the opening day roster. I really don't think they have another backup unless Eli Marrero can play 3b

Things would get real screwy with both De Rosa and Drew on the DL. :-o


don't get me started. I'm still upset that we didn't go after some better pitchers and maybe Vlad so we could put Chipper back on 3b. We are really in trouble this year but i'll still root for them!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 11271
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby bell » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:14 pm

To fix my Teixeira answer, he should be 3B eligible too then. 15 GP last year at third.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1694
Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stumbling along the AZ/WI border

Postby trevisc » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:26 pm

you are correct.

As 1B 116
As 3B 15
As LF 14
As RF 11

i almost had LF too.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 11271
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:53 pm

I really think that Tex is only 1B/3B as he didn't get 15 games at any 1 OF position. I think that's how it works. :-?
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Tribe-Fan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:16 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I really think that Tex is only 1B/3B as he didn't get 15 games at any 1 OF position. I think that's how it works. :-?


Unless you play in a yahoo league that makes you use RF/CF/LF, Tex's combined games in the OF will make him eligible for an OF spot this year as well. For basic yahoo anyway.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 376
Joined: 1 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Born in Cleveland, so they are my team. Mine.

Postby willieroe » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:25 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I really think that Tex is only 1B/3B as he didn't get 15 games at any 1 OF position. I think that's how it works. :-?

You're correct in that Tex never received OF eligibility in the basic Yahoo league in 2003. I had Tex on my team at the end of the season, and just double-checked.

I don't know if Yahoo will keep OF positions separate for eligibility at the beginning of 2004, or will lump them together.
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 554
Joined: 3 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Memphis, TN

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scarnicease, unioreimi and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Aug. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Cincinnati
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at San Francisco
(3:45 pm)
Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact