Wood is up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wood is up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cobbs87 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 pm

huh. always thought Brandon Wood was black for some reason. Just saw his picture on the gameday. :-?
Image
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Posts: 622
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:50 pm

cobbs87 wrote:huh. always thought Brandon Wood was black for some reason. Just saw his picture on the gameday. :-?


haha. now thats funny :-D
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:18 pm

cobbs87 wrote:huh. always thought Brandon Wood was black for some reason. Just saw his picture on the gameday. :-?


That's funny so did I! Why is that?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 83)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:30 pm

2 Ks... Did someone actually post that he looked good striking out? :-D

It was Jae Seo. He is the younger version of Jamie Moyer. Not a good sign if you K against him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Coppermine » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:21 pm

jfg wrote:
cobbs87 wrote:huh. always thought Brandon Wood was black for some reason. Just saw his picture on the gameday. :-?


That's funny so did I! Why is that?


At first, I thought Ryan Howard was white.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby ScarletP » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:24 pm

Coppermine wrote:
jfg wrote:
cobbs87 wrote:huh. always thought Brandon Wood was black for some reason. Just saw his picture on the gameday. :-?


That's funny so did I! Why is that?


At first, I thought Ryan Howard was white.


My brother and I have a list of guys who we imagined the wrong color:
Khalil Greene, Billy Butler, Bill Hall, JJ Hardy, Alex Gordon, etc.
Image
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 856
Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:26 pm

ScarletP wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
jfg wrote:
cobbs87 wrote:huh. always thought Brandon Wood was black for some reason. Just saw his picture on the gameday. :-?


That's funny so did I! Why is that?


At first, I thought Ryan Howard was white.


My brother and I have a list of guys who we imagined the wrong color:
Khalil Greene, Billy Butler, Bill Hall, JJ Hardy, Alex Gordon, etc.


yes...i was just talking about this the other day. there are quite a few guys that i just pictured different. jj hardy, bill hall, chris b young, jeremy hermida are some...i knew wood wasnt black though. maybe you guys thought this because of the movie THE WOOD. could be?
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby cobbs87 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:09 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
ScarletP wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
jfg wrote:
cobbs87 wrote:huh. always thought Brandon Wood was black for some reason. Just saw his picture on the gameday. :-?


That's funny so did I! Why is that?


At first, I thought Ryan Howard was white.


My brother and I have a list of guys who we imagined the wrong color:
Khalil Greene, Billy Butler, Bill Hall, JJ Hardy, Alex Gordon, etc.


yes...i was just talking about this the other day. there are quite a few guys that i just pictured different. jj hardy, bill hall, chris b young, jeremy hermida are some...i knew wood wasnt black though. maybe you guys thought this because of the movie THE WOOD. could be?


Haha maybe. :-b
Image
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Posts: 622
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:37 pm

I always thought Larry Broadway and Joey Votto is white !+)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby Sign of Eth » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:20 am

Sign of Eth
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 46
Joined: 9 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact