Myers has been converted from set-up role... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Myers has been converted from set-up role...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:35 pm

great gretzky wrote:corection: eagles fans are knowledgeable. Very knowledgeable. They are also idiots, because they don't understand the game within the game. The vocal ones also seem to want to run McNabb out, which is dumb. As if you aren';t named brady or manning, its not like anyone else has a monopoly on his accomplishments.

As far as the phillies go, they aren't as knwoledgable as yankees, mets, or sox fans.

New York and Boston, as rabid as Jets, Giants and Patriots fans are, are still considered baseball towns. Philly is more of a blue collar, football town nowadays... not to the extent of Pittsburghers, who love their Stealers and just go to Pirates games because it's something to do between football seasons... if they even go at all.

Hmm, for some reason I feel like a giant sandwich stuffed with french fries :-?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:48 pm

i didnt say i didnt think the fans were knowledgable. alot are, alot arent. it happens whenever something is popular. you get the crowds that just want to say "helluva game yesterday? did you see that touchdown?" and then you have the guys saying "i dont think the blitzing from the nickel package was working because rod hood was getting beat in his cover 3 zone". When you have a team as popular as the eagles are, you have a lot of casual fans that dont know alot, and most of the time, those are the guys who are drunk and throwing things etc, just because its a good time.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby great gretzky » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:11 pm

well I wouldn't know how to rank them. I just think that as much as boston is a baseball town, philly is eagles, I mean listen to WIP. I think Eagles fans are very knowlegeable, they can also be absoloutely stupid. Its a mix of passion and knowlege.

Its weird, I have debates with my bro (still in the are) and other friends.

And everyone agrees eagles are one, and by far, but as far as the phillies/flyers go, you hear differing opinions. one thing is for sure, sixers are last.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:35 pm

News flash... with Barajas sucking behind the plate and Utley's hot play, Manuel confirmed that he will use Utley as his primary catcher.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Yoda wrote:News flash... with Barajas sucking behind the plate and Utley's hot play, Manuel confirmed that he will use Utley as his primary catcher.
:-?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby WhiteHot » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Yoda wrote:News flash... with Barajas sucking behind the plate and Utley's hot play, Manuel confirmed that he will use Utley as his primary catcher.

CNNSI had the scoop first:

Obviously, this kills any fantasy value Myers had until Manuel comes to his sense and/or is fired. In the meantime, look for Jimmy Rollins to takeover at catcher and Pat Burrell to suit up as the Phillie Phanatic, quickly followed by the debut of "Laid-Back Charlie" on a WWE pay-per-view event. I'm pretty sure Manuel already has the steel cage set up in his office.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:58 pm

corection: eagles fans are knowledgeable. Very knowledgeable. They are also idiots, because they don't understand the game within the game. The vocal ones also seem to want to run McNabb out, which is dumb. As if you aren';t named brady or manning, its not like anyone else has a monopoly on his accomplishments.

Eagles fans have a view on the NFL which is completely jaded from an inability to look outside of themselves. Everything that happens in the NFL that doesn't directly involve them is irrelevant.

My best Eagles fan friend insists that the most significant play of the 2005 season (for the entire NFL, not just Philly) was the play where Roy Williams ran over McNabb on his way into the endzone, ending his season.

Because they have been so dominant over the NFC East over most of the last 5-6 years, they assume that no one will ever again contend with them for the crown in any "unastericized" season (see 2005, probably last year too). Of course all you have to do to shut up an Eagles fan is point out that they've never won a Super Bowl and that merely going there is entirely unimpressive. ;-D

Honestly, I'm always respectful to Eagles fans, but they never return it. I'm running out of benevolence.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby WhiteHot » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:10 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Because they have been so dominant over the NFC East over most of the last 5-6 years, they assume that no one will ever again contend with them for the crown in any "unastericized" season (see 2005, probably last year too).

I don't know a Eagle fan that assumes that no one will ever contend for the NFC East...that's idiotic. We know Dallas is a solid team. We know that the Giants can be good if Eli improves and they get younger on D. We know the Redskins will be in the basement yet again...their strategy of signing marginal FAs with giant contracts and getting rid of draft picks is the opposite of successful teams. They are doomed to suck for years because of their mismanagement.

Who are some of the best players in the NFL? LaDanian, Peyton, Brady, Carson, RayRay (years ago), Chad Johnson, SA...right? What do they have in common? They are still with the team that drafted them. That's how you assemble teams...through the draft.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:14 pm

I don't know a Eagle fan that assumes that no one will ever contend for the NFC East...that's idiotic. We know Dallas is a solid team. We know that the Giants can be good if Eli improves and they get younger on D. We know the Redskins will be in the basement yet again...their strategy of signing marginal FAs with giant contracts and getting rid of draft picks is the opposite of successful teams. They are doomed to suck for years because of their mismanagement.

There is more than one way to skin a cat and while I have disagreed with MUCH of what we have done in the past 6 years, your claim that you know they are doomed to suck is just stupid.

Indefensibly asinine.

I think the much bigger problem is that Joe Gibbs is done. (Try getting Skins fans to admit that, I hope he proves me wrong.)
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu May 03, 2007 1:26 am

Gordon is out for the Phils's next series... is it time for Myers to shine in the closer role? :-B
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers