Myers has been converted from set-up role... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Myers has been converted from set-up role...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Myers has been converted from set-up role...

Postby angels7777 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:59 pm

to mop up man. Honestly putting him in the bullpen to pitch in 9-3 games was not exactly what we had in mind..

I guess these games count in the 65-70 games Manuel was referring to. The thing that has the Phils winning right now is their offense coming around, something most of us figured would play out in time.

You can't argue with Lieber's starts thus far, but Eaton has not been sharp. I guess for now Myers is the highest payed mop/set up man in baseball hands down.

This situation does not look good right now.
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lordrevolution » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:00 pm

Over/Under on Philly manager change:
Two weeks.
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:04 pm

Every time I see Jon Lieber and Adam Eaton taking the mound and Brett Myers rotting in the bullpen it makes me want to throw something but I'm running out of things to throw.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SirDunkALot » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:08 pm

Surprisingly, the Phillies are winning ball games with this solution.

Perhaps other teams should throw one of their best pitchers into MR and see if it gives them the same magic as the Phillies?

Not saying it's the right move.. but surprisingly, the Phillies have been winning more.
SirDunkALot
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tianyi86 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:09 pm

Lordrevolution wrote:Over/Under on Philly manager change:
Two weeks.

Ill take the over on this one for sure.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ttwarrior1 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:04 pm

i kind of like this if and only if myers can pitch like 2 innings 3 times a week
ttwarrior1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:25 pm

SirDunkALot wrote:Surprisingly, the Phillies are winning ball games with this solution.

this "solution" has had absolutely no effect on the phillies winning games. its like like brett myers has won any games for us because of this move. sure lieber is pitching good, but he could have done that with myers in the rotation.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:26 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:Every time I see Jon Lieber and Adam Eaton taking the mound and Brett Myers rotting in the bullpen it makes me want to throw something but I'm running out of things to throw.

Jon Lieber's can be a good pitcher when he's healthy. His weakest stat is ERA, but his K and BB ratios are solid, and his resulting WHIP is good. With the Philly offense mostly in tact from last year, the runs should be there to get at least double digit wins too.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nmarq8 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:34 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:Every time I see Jon Lieber and Adam Eaton taking the mound and Brett Myers rotting in the bullpen it makes me want to throw something but I'm running out of things to throw.

I'm with ya man. I wanna throw things at Charlie Manuel's face. It's only a matter of time until the Phils rotation just blows up (minus Hamels) and a change will be made, it just has to. I'm riding this one out...
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:27 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
SirDunkALot wrote:Surprisingly, the Phillies are winning ball games with this solution.

this "solution" has had absolutely no effect on the phillies winning games. its like like brett myers has won any games for us because of this move. sure lieber is pitching good, but he could have done that with myers in the rotation.

Correct.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers