Sheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 100MPH » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:50 pm

J35J wrote:Time to buy low!!! ;-D

Pedro Martinez is probably priced lower. Pick him up and put him on the DL then wait for the post season when he will be back.

Sheets owners tend to be fanatical about his potential. They don't want to trade a guy who has Kerry Wood stuff.
100MPH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:51 pm

100MPH wrote:
J35J wrote:Time to buy low!!! ;-D

Pedro Martinez is probably priced lower. Pick him up and put him on the DL then wait for the post season when he will be back.

Sheets owners tend to be fanatical about his potential. They don't want to trade a guy who has Kerry Wood stuff.

lmao
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby uucrook3d » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:52 pm

100MPH wrote:I watched todays game and I have a good eye when it comes to pitchers.

Sheets looks like he was injured before the game started. It looked like someone took a string and tied one end to Sheet's belt and the other end to Sheet's tricept. His range of motion was limited when pitching. He did not follow through on his pitches. His curve balls were in the 73 mph range and his fastball hit over 90 twice. Steets must have known something was wrong because he did not throw many fastballs. Almost all his pitches were curve balls.

He left after pitching 3 innings. I believe Sheets is going on the DL. The official report is he pulled his groin. The last pitcher with Sheets stuff to have a groin injury was Oswalt and he went on the DL for over a month.

My guess is Sheets was injured before the game but wrote it off to a cold day and not getting loose. He must have torn something. I would expect a 6 week stint on the DL.

You heard it from me first. I am the pitching expert. Come to me with all your pitching questions.

get outta here. i watched the same game. he didnt throw anymore curve balls than normal. he is a fastball, curveball pitcher. thats it. and you cant go by the wgn radar gun. those things are never right. he looked fine. probably day to day. he was not limping at all nor did the play at third look to be an injury inducing play. everyone breathe.
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:55 pm

100MPH wrote:I watched todays game and I have a good eye when it comes to pitchers.

Sheets looks like he was injured before the game started. It looked like someone took a string and tied one end to Sheet's belt and the other end to Sheet's tricept. His range of motion was limited when pitching. He did not follow through on his pitches. His curve balls were in the 73 mph range and his fastball hit over 90 twice. Steets must have known something was wrong because he did not throw many fastballs. Almost all his pitches were curve balls.

He left after pitching 3 innings. I believe Sheets is going on the DL. The official report is he pulled his groin. The last pitcher with Sheets stuff to have a groin injury was Oswalt and he went on the DL for over a month.

My guess is Sheets was injured before the game but wrote it off to a cold day and not getting loose. He must have torn something. I would expect a 6 week stint on the DL.

You heard it from me first. I am the pitching expert. Come to me with all your pitching questions.

this is an EXTREMELY bold statement. I'm not going to jump to conclusions. I'll wait to see what happens with an open mind but i doubt what you say is true. How could you tell the difference between tearing something and simply not being lose for the game?
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:56 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:

this is an EXTREMELY bold statement. I'm not going to jump to conclusions. I'll wait to see what happens with an open mind but i doubt what you say is true. How could you tell the difference between tearing something and simply not being lose for the game?

Isn't it obvious that he is just trying to stir the pot?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 100MPH » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:04 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:

Pitchers need to be fluid in their delivery. Sheets could not extend his arm all the way following through. That indicates something is torn or too tight. Sheets should not have started this game.

I was at Wrigley last year watching Z soft toss from left field to the bullpen before the game started. I told everyone that Z looked like he was off/injured. Later that game Z left with a back injury.

I have the best eyes when it comes to pitching. Think of me as Steve Stone.
100MPH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mrkrab2003 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:16 pm

is Carlos Villanueva next in line?
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:17 pm

100MPH wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:

Pitchers need to be fluid in their delivery. Sheets could not extend his arm all the way following through. That indicates something is torn or too tight. Sheets should not have started this game.

I was at Wrigley last year watching Z soft toss from left field to the bullpen before the game started. I told everyone that Z looked like he was off/injured. Later that game Z left with a back injury.

Exactly!!! So what makes you think he tore something or simply was too tight??? :-?
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby 100MPH » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:25 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:
100MPH wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:

Exactly!!! So what makes you think he tore something or simply was too tight??? :-?

If it was just tightness it would have loosened up as the innings went by, but Sheets got tighter with his movement as the innings went by. He was not following through on pitches but was jerking his arm back. His arm motion was more like throwing a football than a pitcher.
100MPH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:34 pm

100MPH wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:
100MPH wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:

If it was just tightness it would have loosened up as the innings went by, but Sheets got tighter with his movement as the innings went by. He was not following through on pitches but was jerking his arm back. His arm motion was more like throwing a football than a pitcher.

Can you please stop acting like you know what is wrong with him?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers