Sheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:34 pm

Yoda wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
Ender wrote:Thats fine if you want to jump off his bandwagon, its very possible his arm won't be the same and he hasnt' been King people nearly as much as normal this year. But don't come here and say he'll never throw 200 IP again when he's had one major injury in 6 years and has thrown pain free since last July.

How do you know he's thrown pain free?
I highly doubt that, even if he says he's pain free it's probably just so everyone doesen't get worked up.

You are seriously reaching. Just stop.

Thanks for letting me know when I'm reaching. I should just call you my wife. :*)
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:35 pm

Time to buy low!!! ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:38 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
Ender wrote:Thats fine if you want to jump off his bandwagon, its very possible his arm won't be the same and he hasnt' been King people nearly as much as normal this year. But don't come here and say he'll never throw 200 IP again when he's had one major injury in 6 years and has thrown pain free since last July.

How do you know he's thrown pain free?
I highly doubt that, even if he says he's pain free it's probably just so everyone doesen't get worked up.

You are seriously reaching. Just stop.

Thanks for letting me know when I'm reaching. I should just call you my wife. :*)

Mmmk... :-?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Wow, I bet they were saying the exact same thing about Prior in 2004.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:41 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
Wow, I bet they were saying the exact same thing about Prior in 2004.

Prior and Sheets are not comparable at all.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fbc_fan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:21 pm

J35J wrote:Time to buy low!!! ;-D

that's what i'm thinking as well. assuming that its not a serious injury. :-o
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laean » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:26 pm

i don't have sheets and never liked him much, but i still think people shouldn't look too much into this.

if it isn't an arm problem, and it isn't an inner ear problem, he'll probably be ok.

remember that one year nomar tore his groin muscle straight off the bone while running to 1st base because it was a wet and slippery day? he missed almost the entire, if not the entire, season that year. if i was a sheets owner, i'd much rather have him sit today out than pitch through those conditions.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 100MPH » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:40 pm

I watched todays game and I have a good eye when it comes to pitchers.

Sheets looks like he was injured before the game started. It looked like someone took a string and tied one end to Sheet's belt and the other end to Sheet's tricept. His range of motion was limited when pitching. He did not follow through on his pitches. His curve balls were in the 73 mph range and his fastball hit over 90 twice. Steets must have known something was wrong because he did not throw many fastballs. Almost all his pitches were curve balls.

He left after pitching 3 innings. I believe Sheets is going on the DL. The official report is he pulled his groin. The last pitcher with Sheets stuff to have a groin injury was Oswalt and he went on the DL for over a month.

My guess is Sheets was injured before the game but wrote it off to a cold day and not getting loose. He must have torn something. I would expect a 6 week stint on the DL.

You heard it from me first. I am the pitching expert. Come to me with all your pitching questions.
100MPH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:42 pm

100MPH wrote:I watched todays game and I have a good eye when it comes to pitchers.

Sheets looks like he was injured before the game started. It looked like someone took a string and tied one end to Sheet's belt and the other end to Sheet's tricept. His range of motion was limited when pitching. He did not follow through on his pitches. His curve balls were in the 73 mph range and his fastball hit over 90 twice. Steets must have known something was wrong because he did not throw many fastballs. Almost all his pitches were curve balls.

He left after pitching 3 innings. I believe Sheets is going on the DL. The official report is he pulled his groin. The last pitcher with Sheets stuff to have a groin injury was Oswalt and he went on the DL for over a month.

My guess is Sheets was injured before the game but wrote it off to a cold day and not getting loose. He must have torn something. I would expect a 6 week stint on the DL.

You heard it from me first. I am the pitching expert. Come to me with all your pitching questions.

Give me a break. This is the funniest post I've seen in a long time. :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby crimson knuckles » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:47 pm

He's a professional athlete who makes lots of $$. Time to pull off the panties and tough it out....yeah it's early but come on.
crimson knuckles
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers