Sheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nbb23 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Personally I have never been on the Sheets bandwagon. He is sick when healthy but I don't want to deal with the headache of owning him. He is just like Harden, you cannot depend on them for an entire season. When they are playing they put up sick numbers, but they always seem to have something wrong with them.

I hope the injury is nothing severe because he is fun to watch, but this starts to get old pretty quick.
nbb23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 443
Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:48 pm

I jumped off the Sheets ban wagon last season, the guy is like Kerry Wood to a lesser extent.
Chris Capuano is the guy people should be looking at on that Brewer squad. This guy has some talent, and can stay healthy. No he's not a hard thrower like Sheets, but he strikes guys out with the movement on his pitches.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:53 pm

The guy has had one injury that bridged the end of a year and the beginning of another, comparing him to Wood is just silly.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:10 pm

Ender wrote:The guy has had one injury that bridged the end of a year and the beginning of another, comparing him to Wood is just silly.
How's about comparison to Mark Prior? We'll never see a 200 inning season from any of those guys again. Throw Rich Harden on that list too.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:12 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
Ender wrote:The guy has had one injury that bridged the end of a year and the beginning of another, comparing him to Wood is just silly.
How's about comparison to Mark Prior? We'll never see a 200 inning season from any of those guys again. Throw Rich Harden on that list too.


Sure if Sheets has a second injury I could see adding him to the list. The guy missed the second half of the season with a recovery time predicted at about 8-12 months, came into the next season not fully recovered yet and started the year on the DL. Threw a few times and they decided he wasn't ready, then he's been healthy since.

I think the problem people have is they dont' realize he wasn't supposed to be fully recovered going into the season last year. They weren't sure if he'd pitch in the first half or not, they were playing it by ear.

You are going way overboard on that comparison. Do you really think every pitcher who has an injury will never pitch again?
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:15 pm

Ender wrote:The guy has had one injury that bridged the end of a year and the beginning of another, comparing him to Wood is just silly.


I think his injury concerns are a little bigger then your making them out to be. Missing right around 30 starts in two seasons is a bit worse then just bridging two seasons together. It's an injury problem

Now this injury? Plus he always has some sort of nagging problem. I'm sorry if I'm one of the doubters, but I think if anyone is still on the ban wagon it's time to jump off.

Maybe comparing him to Mark Prior would be better. Yes the injuries are different, but they both seem to have more and more injuries hanging over there shoulder.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:18 pm

Thats fine if you want to jump off his bandwagon, its very possible his arm won't be the same and he hasnt' been King people nearly as much as normal this year. But don't come here and say he'll never throw 200 IP again when he's had one major injury in 6 years and has thrown pain free since last July.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:20 pm

Ender wrote:Thats fine if you want to jump off his bandwagon, its very possible his arm won't be the same and he hasnt' been King people nearly as much as normal this year. But don't come here and say he'll never throw 200 IP again when he's had one major injury in 6 years and has thrown pain free since last July.


How do you know he's thrown pain free?
I highly doubt that, even if he says he's pain free it's probably just so everyone doesen't get worked up.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silverZ » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:26 pm

I hope his 2 start week isn't destroyed next week.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2963
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:30 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
Ender wrote:Thats fine if you want to jump off his bandwagon, its very possible his arm won't be the same and he hasnt' been King people nearly as much as normal this year. But don't come here and say he'll never throw 200 IP again when he's had one major injury in 6 years and has thrown pain free since last July.


How do you know he's thrown pain free?
I highly doubt that, even if he says he's pain free it's probably just so everyone doesen't get worked up.


You are seriously reaching. Just stop.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JCD, scarnicease and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact