Sheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Sheets

Postby Ender » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:39 am

110 IP, 10 W, 81 K, 3.19 ERA, 1.15 WHIP.

41.2 IP, 5 W, 40 K, 2.16 ERA, 1.15 WHIP in the past 30 days.

I'd think he makes the all star game with those stats and now that his curve is working I would not rule out the Cy Young if the Padres pitchers find a way to not keep it up. He has also been healthy for 180 IP now or almost a full season so its about time to put to rest the injury prone tag he got from his 1 injury in his 7 year career.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheets

Postby mtxdevil » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:32 am

I'm glad to see him do well even though I traded him away a few weeks ago. ;-D
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1095
Joined: 8 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheets

Postby Yoda » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:29 am

I'm praying every single time he pitches that he doesn't hurt himself.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Sheets

Postby Secret Avatar » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:20 pm

For all the talk of Sheets' "disappointing" year, he as put up some fantastic win (10), ERA (3.16), and WHIP (1.25). Only the Ks are "down" but he's still on pace for 175 or so, and he's back up to a K/inning in the last month. With the Brewers piling up runs and their generally effective bullpen, Sheets could finish the year with 16-17 wins, sub-3.25 ERA, sub-1.15 WHIP, and make a run at 200 K. I'll take it. ;-D
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Posts: 3235
Joined: 15 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheets

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:31 pm

This is the end of the ride for me. I am hoping that he recovers quickly and be ready to help my team for the playoffs in September. I've drafted and held onto Sheets since his breakout year but the guy clearly cannot stay healthy long enough to play a full season. Also, he was putting up good numbers but still nowhere near as good as his 2004 season. So at least for me, he is someone who I will skip over at the draft unless he is still around in the later rounds but I doubt I will end up with him for the same reasons why I never wind up with Prior/Harden.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Sheets

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:35 pm

Yoda wrote:This is the end of the ride for me. I am hoping that he recovers quickly and be ready to help my team for the playoffs in September. I've drafted and held onto Sheets since his breakout year but the guy clearly cannot stay healthy long enough to play a full season. Also, he was putting up good numbers but still nowhere near as good as his 2004 season. So at least for me, he is someone who I will skip over at the draft unless he is still around in the later rounds but I doubt I will end up with him for the same reasons why I never wind up with Prior/Harden.


I don't buy it. I'll be ready to bring this thread back up in March when you've drafted him in 2 of 3 leagues! O:-) ;-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 393)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheets

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:15 pm

Obviously a slightly frustrating turn of events. It looks like it'll just be the 15 days and done, which is good. It's been a frustrating couple years of bad luck for Sheeter. A finger sprain like this could happen to anyone, regardless of injury history. It's the kind of thing that has the same odds of happening to a horse like Clemens as it would to a guy like Harden. As a Brewers fan, I'm just glad that it's A) nothing serious and B) unrelated to the one true injury he has suffered (back/shoulder). I almost wonder if they're just being conservative (and maybe post-season conscious) since they know they have a more-than-adequete fill in with Gallardo to give Sheets some time off.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheets

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:17 pm

J35J wrote:
Yoda wrote:This is the end of the ride for me. I am hoping that he recovers quickly and be ready to help my team for the playoffs in September. I've drafted and held onto Sheets since his breakout year but the guy clearly cannot stay healthy long enough to play a full season. Also, he was putting up good numbers but still nowhere near as good as his 2004 season. So at least for me, he is someone who I will skip over at the draft unless he is still around in the later rounds but I doubt I will end up with him for the same reasons why I never wind up with Prior/Harden.


I don't buy it. I'll be ready to bring this thread back up in March when you've drafted him in 2 of 3 leagues! O:-) ;-)


LOL, you should have heard me when Prior and Harden were called up... but I do know one thing. When to give up on guys.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Sheets

Postby JoeMoney19 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:Obviously a slightly frustrating turn of events. It looks like it'll just be the 15 days and done, which is good. It's been a frustrating couple years of bad luck for Sheeter. A finger sprain like this could happen to anyone, regardless of injury history. It's the kind of thing that has the same odds of happening to a horse like Clemens as it would to a guy like Harden. As a Brewers fan, I'm just glad that it's A) nothing serious and B) unrelated to the one true injury he has suffered (back/shoulder). I almost wonder if they're just being conservative (and maybe post-season conscious) since they know they have a more-than-adequete fill in with Gallardo to give Sheets some time off.


hopefully, but the reports of a similar "pop" to zumaya's have me a little less optimistic
JoeMoney19
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 332
Joined: 1 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheets

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:42 pm

JoeMoney19 wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:Obviously a slightly frustrating turn of events. It looks like it'll just be the 15 days and done, which is good. It's been a frustrating couple years of bad luck for Sheeter. A finger sprain like this could happen to anyone, regardless of injury history. It's the kind of thing that has the same odds of happening to a horse like Clemens as it would to a guy like Harden. As a Brewers fan, I'm just glad that it's A) nothing serious and B) unrelated to the one true injury he has suffered (back/shoulder). I almost wonder if they're just being conservative (and maybe post-season conscious) since they know they have a more-than-adequete fill in with Gallardo to give Sheets some time off.


hopefully, but the reports of a similar "pop" to zumaya's have me a little less optimistic


The MRI turned up negative. If it were the same something would have shown up I guess. That's what has everyone relatively optimisitc. On the plus side, we finally get to see Manny Parra. It wasn't too long ago that he was our #1 pitching prospect and injuries set him back significantly. Well, he's 24 now and has come all the way back to dominate AA and AAA (including a AAA perfect game). Left handed starters that throw as hard as he does are few and far between. I think he'll be taking Gallardo's long relief slot for now, but I can't wait to get a look at him.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neuronss and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact