Over/Under on Rickie Weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Over/Under on Rickie Weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Over/Under on Rickie Weeks

Postby Fritzenhammer » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:19 am

Every year there's one player I draft on my fantasy squads that I believe can be a league-winner. This year, it's Mr. Weeks.

I've been watching him this year, and thus far I've seen flashes of brilliance that are encouraging.

He's been taking a lot more walks than in the past in the early going - looks like his plate discipline has improved,

HOWEVER

He's also looked pretty bad striking out.

I'm hoping he can continue to progress, and put up nice numbers this year - now lets play over/under.

20 HR - over/under? The power looks legit.

30 SB - over/under? The speed looks good thus far too.

.270 AVG - over/under? Plate discipline is what I'm worried about.

Opinions from the cafe gurus? Will I be patting myself on the back come season's end, or will I be weeping to the tune of a .230 average and reduced playing time?

F.
Fritzenhammer
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 222
Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:28 am

20 HR - over/under? The power looks legit.

Over

30 SB - over/under? The speed looks good thus far too.

Over

.270 AVG - over/under? Plate discipline is what I'm worried about.


Over

That assumes he doesn't get hurt of course and all of those overs are just barely overs, I think you set the levels pretty darn close to where they end up.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScrappyDoo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:33 am

Yah I think he can hit 25 steal 30. Im worried about his avg though Id say it would be around .270 maybe a little lower.

I own him in a points league so I could really care less if he continues to put up all the other numbers.
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 962
Joined: 5 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:36 am

While I do acknowledge that he can and will at some point in his career go over all those numbers I'm not sure it is this year....though he should be close.

.265 Avg
18 HR
30 SB
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Over/Under on Rickie Weeks

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:42 am

Fritzenhammer wrote:Every year there's one player I draft on my fantasy squads that I believe can be a league-winner. This year, it's Mr. Weeks.

I've been watching him this year, and thus far I've seen flashes of brilliance that are encouraging.

He's been taking a lot more walks than in the past in the early going - looks like his plate discipline has improved,

HOWEVER

He's also looked pretty bad striking out.

I'm hoping he can continue to progress, and put up nice numbers this year - now lets play over/under.

20 HR - over/under? The power looks legit.

30 SB - over/under? The speed looks good thus far too.

.270 AVG - over/under? Plate discipline is what I'm worried about.

Opinions from the cafe gurus? Will I be patting myself on the back come season's end, or will I be weeping to the tune of a .230 average and reduced playing time?

F.


I'm going over on all. He is a legitimate top talent who has had injuries that hampered him the last two years.

Whoever mentioned his plate discipline, Weeks is 13/11 K/BB in 20 Games. I think that's pretty darn good.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby mrider » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:01 am

How many of you own Hardy? IMO no way he snags 30. Im going 272 21 HR and 22 snags.
Image
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2562
Joined: 1 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rogers Centre

Postby ScarletP » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:05 am

mrider wrote:How many of you own Hardy? IMO no way he snags 30. Im going 272 21 HR and 22 snags.


It's Weeks we're talking about.

I'll go just over on the HR and SB, but a bit under on the Avg.
Image
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 856
Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby masterpinky0509 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:11 am

Just under on SB (28-29), over on homers (21) and just under in average (.268).
masterpinky0509
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 233
Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:16 am

What were the nature of Weeks' injuries the past couple of years? Were they fluky or the types of injuries typically associated with "injury-prone" guys?
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2148
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fenway Park, RF Roof Deck

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:39 am

Bloody Sox wrote:What were the nature of Weeks' injuries the past couple of years? Were they fluky or the types of injuries typically associated with "injury-prone" guys?


2005 was a jammed his thumb and played through the injury
2006 he hurt his wrist which is an injury of more concern since he's like sheffield so his wrists drive his power.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact