Jason Hirsh, a good Rockies pitcher? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jason Hirsh, a good Rockies pitcher?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:07 pm

Escobar is most certainly an upgrade.

Keep in mind Hampton's numbers didn't really match his ERA in the first place, the guy walked 100 a year without super high K rates, that is not a good thing.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:09 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:
bceagles04 wrote:Hirsh may be good, but it is a great time to sell high. I just got Escobar for him

I might agree that one should sell high on jason hirsh right now. But Escobar is definately not an upgrade. Given his history of injuries and the fact that i think hirsh will be productive all year, I would not be surprised to see hirsh finish in the same area as escobar. That being said I think Hirsh will continue to be productive all year, and wouldn't be surprised if he has a run better than the one hes on now and that his value will be higher later. Not too mention Hirsh has really fallen off people's radars, and there might be people who dont know much about him...

Escobar is in a different tier than Hirsh. Escobar has proven he can be a quality starter. He may get injured a bit, but I'd take him over the relatively untested Hirsh
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:39 pm

are the Rockies still using the humidor?
is there anywhere to find the number of runs opponents have scored at Coors? (and other offensive stats)
i know i can find the runs and other offensive stats the Rockies have scored at home, but id like to know how other teams are doing at Coors.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers