So Pujols is injured? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

So Pujols is injured?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fbc_fan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:25 am

OneLoveBoomer wrote:Sportscenter noted that Pujols "tweaked his knee and left the game" just now.


awesome. i hope this is like mcab's oblique and just blows over after a few days.
Image
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1412
Joined: 17 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:10 am

Pujols always has some injury bugging him. If it's not his feet hit's his hammy being tight, he knees sore, his oblique bothering him. I'd say that for now it's safe to assume that he's just sore (as usual).

Can you imagine what Pujols could do if he felt good for 162 straight games? 8-o
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:18 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:Pujols always has some injury bugging him. If it's not his feet hit's his hammy being tight, he knees sore, his oblique bothering him. I'd say that for now it's safe to assume that he's just sore (as usual).

Can you imagine what Pujols could do if he felt good for 162 straight games? 8-o


Well I don't mean to throw up the red flag, but could you imagine how sore he is going to be when he is 30? 32? 35???

He's only 27 and always seems to be in pain....kind of worrisome.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 5 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:21 am

I haven't seen anything about it online either.

Maybe he's suffering from a bout of A-Rod stealing-all-my-April-thunder.
5
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2296
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:37 am

pokerplaya wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:Pujols always has some injury bugging him. If it's not his feet hit's his hammy being tight, he knees sore, his oblique bothering him. I'd say that for now it's safe to assume that he's just sore (as usual).

Can you imagine what Pujols could do if he felt good for 162 straight games? 8-o


Well I don't mean to throw up the red flag, but could you imagine how sore he is going to be when he is 30? 32? 35???

He's only 27 and always seems to be in pain....kind of worrisome.


I don't disagree on that. Honestly he reminds me a bit of Bill Walton. Immense talent seriously constrained by injuries. I just hope he can keep it all together long enough to put up a career to rival the all-time greats because there's no question he belongs in that discussion.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Just in from Rotowire

Postby TheBambino » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:17 pm

Pujols may have suffered a knee injury after singling in the eighth inning of Tuesday's 10-3 loss to Cincinnati, the Belleville News-Democrat reports.

According to manager Tony La Russa, Pujols' knee "barked", but he wasn't sure when precisely the injury had occurred. Pujols was removed from the game in the ninth inning for a defensive replacement, which could just be a precautionary measure since the game was out of hand. We'll have more information as it becomes available.

http://www.belleville.com/207/story/19032.html
TheBambino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1175
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Ugh. Hopefully he won't miss any time... :-/
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Wow. The Belleville News-Democrat scooped all of the major national news outlets!
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2850
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dca5627 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:17 pm

5 wrote:I haven't seen anything about it online either.

Maybe he's suffering from a bout of A-Rod stealing-all-my-April-thunder.


pujols? I think my entire team is
dca5627
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 78
Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MinuteMaid Field

Postby The_Mega » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:42 pm

so...should i play him tonight?....
Did i help you? please return the favor here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=259395
The_Mega Beginner
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 121
Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact