"Mom, they said I have to work my way up" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

"Mom, they said I have to work my way up"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:51 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Not to stray from the topic and certainly not to disrespect the victims, but has anyone wondered why the only VTech hero, that we know of, was 84 years old?

CNN had an article with the headline "Heroes of Virginia Tech" so I imagine there were several people who did heroic things. I didn't read it because I'm about done with that coverage - too much sensationalism and too sad for me. :-/

I know there were some students who held doors shut on the guy. I'd consider them heroes, too.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:01 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Not to stray from the topic and certainly not to disrespect the victims, but has anyone wondered why the only VTech hero, that we know of, was 84 years old?

CNN had an article with the headline "Heroes of Virginia Tech" so I imagine there were several people who did heroic things. I didn't read it because I'm about done with that coverage - too much sensationalism and too sad for me. :-/

I know there were some students who held doors shut on the guy. I'd consider them heroes, too.

Ah, very good then. I've strayed away from the stories as well. I got Time the other day and while it had victims on cover, they had a large page picture of the gunman pointing a gun at the read. Nearly life size. Not cool. :-t
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mugrila » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:10 pm

knapplc wrote:

Yeah, there were students who barricaded doors too. I know one who was shot in the arm but still survived. :-/
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk