Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:50 pm

Coppermine wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Mugrila wrote:
Coppermine wrote:The new Mac OS should be called "Marmot"

Or platypus. :-D

DUDE! I just got the new kickass Mac OS Platypus edition and IT'S AWESOME!

You people need to stop. You are mocking things that you are not cool enough to understand. Go hit control+alt or whatever it is you PC people do to amuse yourselves. :^

:-D

:-b

That's great. :-D ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:01 am

Coppermine wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

You people need to stop. You are mocking things that you are not cool enough to understand. Go hit control+alt or whatever it is you PC people do to amuse yourselves. :^

:-D

Those PC vs. Mac ads have been over-spoofed and just when I've seen them all, this one was actually quite funny. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby josebach » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:33 am

How would PC's run if they ONLY had to handle the software available to Macs? Think about it... I'd be curious as to how great everybody would think Mac is if it handled even half of the software (business and otherwise) that PCs have to handle. It's a lot easier to make something work well when it's nowhere near as complicated and there are far fewer variables involved. Besides that, I have PCs at both home and work and I honestly can't remember the last time either one of them crashed.

Simply making blanket statmements like "Macs are better" is BS considering the limited functionality of Macs. It's not even like comparing apples to oranges, it's like comparing apples to cherries. Sure, I agree that Macs are probably better than PCs in certain areas, but there are also tons of areas where Macs can't even begin to compete in.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:54 am

knapplc wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

go hit OPEN APPLE...or do they even still have those :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:56 pm

josebach wrote:How would PC's run if they ONLY had to handle the software available to Macs? Think about it... I'd be curious as to how great everybody would think Mac is if it handled even half of the software (business and otherwise) that PCs have to handle. It's a lot easier to make something work well when it's nowhere near as complicated and there are far fewer variables involved. Besides that, I have PCs at both home and work and I honestly can't remember the last time either one of them crashed.

Simply making blanket statmements like "Macs are better" is BS considering the limited functionality of Macs. It's not even like comparing apples to oranges, it's like comparing apples to cherries. Sure, I agree that Macs are probably better than PCs in certain areas, but there are also tons of areas where Macs can't even begin to compete in.

I'm afraid I've come off as a Mac-elitist. Although I am an ecstatic new Mac user, it's mostly because Macs beat the pants off PCs for my specific purposes. As Ryn said, I work in multimedia design, and it was a mistake for me to dwell in PC land for so long when Macs are so much stronger in areas like audio/video editing, and web and graphic design.

Derek Zoolander is right here. You can't make blanket statements like "Mac is better". The reason PCs have more security problems and crash more frequently is because they're more versatile. A PC can run just about any software and is much better at being "one computer for all people". However, that leaves them more vulnerable in many more ways at the same time.

Wait- there is one blanket statement I can make. Macs are better looking and have prettier displays. :-]
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby josebach » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
josebach wrote:How would PC's run if they ONLY had to handle the software available to Macs? Think about it... I'd be curious as to how great everybody would think Mac is if it handled even half of the software (business and otherwise) that PCs have to handle. It's a lot easier to make something work well when it's nowhere near as complicated and there are far fewer variables involved. Besides that, I have PCs at both home and work and I honestly can't remember the last time either one of them crashed.

I'm afraid I've come off as a Mac-elitist. Although I am an ecstatic new Mac user, it's mostly because Macs beat the pants off PCs for my specific purposes. As Ryn said, I work in multimedia design, and it was a mistake for me to dwell in PC land for so long when Macs are so much stronger in areas like audio/video editing, and web and graphic design.

Derek Zoolander is right here. You can't make blanket statements like "Mac is better". The reason PCs have more security problems and crash more frequently is because they're more versatile. A PC can run just about any software and is much better at being "one computer for all people". However, that leaves them more vulnerable in many more ways at the same time.

Wait- there is one blanket statement I can make. Macs are better looking and have prettier displays. :-]

I don't know man, I've seen some awesome looking PC cases. Aren't you much more limited as to what you can do with Macs as far as customizing appearence is concerned? Maybe I'm wrong.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CadensDad » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:25 am

RugbyD wrote:acs is gonna kick your ass

We can say ass?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Half Massed » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:56 pm

I bought a Macbook for college so I can use a Mac for all primary purposes and still have a PC for gaming. It's pretty much the best of both worlds for my needs. ;-D

I can only have two games or so installed on the PC at once, which is a bit annoying, but I usually get really into one game before moving on to a new one, so it fits my style.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby knapplc » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:15 pm

josebach wrote:Aren't you much more limited as to what you can do with Macs as far as customizing appearence is concerned? Maybe I'm wrong.

This is a misconception. Macs can run every single kind of software you want. It used to be true that you had to go further in your search of that software, but with the proliferation of online software outlets it's pretty easy to get whatever you want for your Mac.

I use Microsoft Office - especially Excel - for all of my fantasy sports needs, and I have seamless transfer between home and office for these spreadsheets.

I even use a Microsoft four-button trackball mouse, the same one, at both work and home.

So while you would have been right about the limited availability of software for Macs in years past, today that is no longer true.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ironman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:16 pm

Congrats on joining the smug club Simulacrum! I joined back in January with the purchase of a 17" iMac.

I will never go back to PC. ;-D
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk