I'm a happy traitor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I'm a happy traitor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:36 pm

StlSluggers wrote:We're still on 10.3.9, and my wife hates it. There's always some widget or some program she wants that needs 10.4, but I know that 10.5 is coming out soon, so I refuse to shell out the bucks. We'll upgrade at that time.

I'm on 10.3.9 too, and I'm not about to buy 10.4 with 10.5 coming out soon.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:54 pm

knapplc wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:We're still on 10.3.9, and my wife hates it. There's always some widget or some program she wants that needs 10.4, but I know that 10.5 is coming out soon, so I refuse to shell out the bucks. We'll upgrade at that time.

I'm on 10.3.9 too, and I'm not about to buy 10.4 with 10.5 coming out soon.

Smart man. ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Mugrila » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:29 pm

Coppermine wrote:The new Mac OS should be called "Marmot"

Or platypus. :-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:30 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
JTWood wrote:
What OS are you running?

10.4, I believe its Tiger. I understand Leopard is on the way... I love that. Microsoft gives you "Vista"... Mac gives you Tiger, Leopard, Panther... Macintosh is truly King of the jungle. }:-)

Aren't those names awful? I mean, would you have any idea which actually came first and last if you didn't have it explained to you explicitly? They should have gone with size progressions: kitten, cat, puma, tiger, lion, saber-tooth. That makes more sense...

I think. X-I

We're still on 10.3.9, and my wife hates it. There's always some widget or some program she wants that needs 10.4, but I know that 10.5 is coming out soon, so I refuse to shell out the bucks. We'll upgrade at that time.

You know, maybe it was just the computer store I was at, but I was told if you paid the $60 to upgrade to 10.4 you get the upgrade to 10.5 for free when it comes out. Come to think of it, I may have even read that on the Apple website somewhere. Maybe worth looking into for you, Sluggs.

Saber-Tooth Tiger.. that would be awesome. :-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:35 pm

Mugrila wrote:

DUDE! I just got the new kickass Mac OS Platypus edition and IT'S AWESOME!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:43 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

You people need to stop. You are mocking things that you are not cool enough to understand. Go hit control+alt or whatever it is you PC people do to amuse yourselves. :^
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:41 pm

knapplc wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

You people need to stop. You are mocking things that you are not cool enough to understand. Go hit control+alt or whatever it is you PC people do to amuse yourselves. :^

:-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:10 pm

Mugrila wrote:

Seriously, I had that typed out earlier this afternoon and didn't post it thinking better of it.

Maybe I should have posted it after all... :-?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:15 pm

Remember this good ol' joke:

Speaking at a recent computer expo, Bill Gates compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology the way the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that get 1000 miles to the gallon."

This prompted one skeptic to suggest that General Motors issue a press statement stating that if GM had developed its automotive technologies according to prevailing computer industry standards, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to start, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car98" or "CarNT". And you would have to buy more seats.

6. Apple would make a car that was powered by the sun, absolutely reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on 5 percent of the roads.

7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "General Car Fault" warning light.

8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size rear end.

9. The air bag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

10. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in unless you simultaneously lift the door handle, turn the key and grab hold of the radio antenna.

11. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the cars performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.

12. Every time GM introduced a new model, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as on the old car.

13. You'd press the "START" button to shut off the engine.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:21 pm

JTWood wrote:Remember this good ol' joke:

Speaking at a recent computer expo, Bill Gates compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology the way the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that get 1000 miles to the gallon."

This prompted one skeptic to suggest that General Motors issue a press statement stating that if GM had developed its automotive technologies according to prevailing computer industry standards, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to start, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car98" or "CarNT". And you would have to buy more seats.

6. Apple would make a car that was powered by the sun, absolutely reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on 5 percent of the roads.

7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "General Car Fault" warning light.

8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size rear end.

9. The air bag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

10. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in unless you simultaneously lift the door handle, turn the key and grab hold of the radio antenna.

11. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the cars performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.

12. Every time GM introduced a new model, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as on the old car.

13. You'd press the "START" button to shut off the engine.

I actually just read that yesterday on another forum. Kinda weird. :*)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk