Rate this 2-1 Team (Keeper League 18-Teamer) WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate this 2-1 Team (Keeper League 18-Teamer) WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate this 2-1 Team (Keeper League 18-Teamer) WHIR

Postby Ars3nal » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:48 pm

Well I've made 12 trades and am finally happy with my squad.

Competitive 18 Team Keeper League, with 8 Keepers, & H2H Points. Start 6 P's, Holds count.

C- AJ Pierzynksi
1B- Adrian Gonzales
2B- Chase Utley
SS- Hanley Ramirez
3B- David Wright
OF- Grady Sizemore, Carlos Lee, Torri Hunter
UTIL - Miguel Cabrera, ___ (platoon Lofton/Biggio)
Bench- Kenny Lofton, Craig Biggio

P- Roy Oswalt SP
P- Jamie Shields SP
P- Curt Schilling SP
P- Kevin Millwood SP
P- Matt Capps RP
P- Huston Street RP
Bench- SP Tim Lincecum, RP Akinori Otsuka, *Jason Schmidt

My 8 Keepers will be:

2B Chase Utley
3B David Wright
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Carlos Lee
SP Roy Oswalt
1B Adrian Gonzales or RP Huston Street or SP Tim Lincecum

What should I do to make this team better ? Thanks, leave a link
Ars3nal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sox 06 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:04 pm

Solid team ;-D The only things I can see that could use an upgrade would be pitching and possibly your bench hitters. I don't see any holes in your starting offense. Who knows what Schmidt will be able to do and Schilling is getting old so other than slightly upgrading your pitching, I think it looks solid. Thanks for your help with mine.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby smooth906 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:20 pm

Frankly, your hitters are ridiculous for an 18-team league. Your bench (hitting) is pretty shallow but I don't think it matters that much, you should dominate even if someone gets dinged up during the season.

Your pitching is OK, still decent for an 18-teamer.

You do have two top 3B and it would be nice to get one more top tier pitcher so if anything, you could dangle one of them (preferably Wright) but it would have to be for a Halladay/Peavy/Bonderman type of guy. That's really the only move I'd consider.
smooth906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ars3nal » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:30 pm

smooth906 wrote:Frankly, your hitters are ridiculous for an 18-team league. Your bench (hitting) is pretty shallow but I don't think it matters that much, you should dominate even if someone gets dinged up during the season.

Your pitching is OK, still decent for an 18-teamer.

You do have two top 3B and it would be nice to get one more top tier pitcher so if anything, you could dangle one of them (preferably Wright) but it would have to be for a Halladay/Peavy/Bonderman type of guy. That's really the only move I'd consider.

I considered dealing a 3B, the only pitcher I would take 1-1 would be Johan. Miggy and Wright both have more value than any other pitcher. I did as many trades as possible to get the best 8 keepers, and since we start two UTIL either Miggy or Wright are the best UTIL player in the league. I'll contact some of the owners who have elite SPs (Just not sure if I'll get great value, both Wright & Miggy were top 10 picks). I just hope Schmidt can come back and have a good season.
Ars3nal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby madavis4 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:45 pm

I like your team. I would not necessarily try to trade either of your 3B. Your ULT spot ought to be so much better than everyone else, that it isn't fair. I like it alot for an 18 team league.
madavis4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:46 pm

You need more SP. Bite the bullet and move one of your big bats. My suggestion would be Hunter for a tier-two pitcher, maybe tier-three.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby Texican » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:59 pm

kaiser wrote:You need more SP. Bite the bullet and move one of your big bats. My suggestion would be Hunter for a tier-two pitcher, maybe tier-three.

I agree. Very solid team though - especially in an 18 teamer!
Texican
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jsibi18 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:25 pm

very strong lineup.. i agree that you should try to move a bat for a solid/stud pitcher to help out the rotation
jsibi18
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:57 pm

amazingly strong team for an 18-teamer...how exactly did you get that great of a lineup in this 18-teamer?? thats just crazy, i know your pitching probably suffered a little bit to get all those bats, but to have Wright, Miggy, Utley, HanRam, Sizemore AND Carlos Lee, i mean i thought my 12 team batting lineup was great with Pujols, Wright, Beltran, Carlos and Manny but dang thats crazy....i agree your going to have to sacrafice a bat to add some pitching...and i also agree with going with Torii, but i wouldn't take anything less then a 2nd tier pitcher...hes still good for 25+ homers and close to 90+ RBI with a high .280+ average, and toss some steals in there and hes better then half the OFs in your league...

help me out...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 97#2234397

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BTOWNHESS » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:20 pm

great offense for an 18 team league.

I would def. make Lincecum one of your keepers because he will be the ace of your staff for years to come.

Id put a feeler out to the owner of Johan and see if he is receptive to taking one of your 3B for Johan. Other than that Id wait awhile and see how your pitching does.

Thanks for the comment on mine.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team