Tomko in SF - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tomko in SF

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tomko in SF

Postby smallace99 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:03 am

What do you guys think we can expect out of Mr. Tomko in SF. We know he can win on good team (13 I believe last year in St. L despite the awful ERA). Now that he a real pitchers park is a 15-10, 4.00, 1.35 season out of the question?
Jon
smallace99

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby trevisc » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:05 am

I don't think that is out of line..but i'd expect a few less wins...
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby eftda » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:07 am

This blows

1. Schmist
2. Rueter
3. Williams
4. Tomko
5. Hermonson
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:10 am

Darn you Tomko.....I thought I wasn't going to have you on my team...I thought you were going to the AL!!!!!!!

I'm obsessive-compulsive with this guy....He has great stuff,(sometimes). I'm gonna have to draft him in my NL only league. :-o :-o :-o :-o ;-D
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 467)

Postby eftda » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:13 am

Just because he is in a Pitchers Park, doesn't mean he will be that good. :-t BAD move by Sabean.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Tomko in SF

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:19 am

smallace99 wrote:Now that he a real pitchers park is a 15-10, 4.00, 1.35 season out of the question?
Jon

he may do well at home but he still has to pitch on the road. i wouldnt even think about drafting him.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Re: Tomko in SF

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:19 am

smallace99 wrote:Now that he a real pitchers park is a 15-10, 4.00, 1.35 season out of the question?
Jon

he may do well at home but he still has to pitch on the road. i wouldnt even think about drafting him.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby eftda » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:20 am

Same here. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot poll. THEY WOULD HAVE TO pay me to take him
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smallface99 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:44 am

I don't know what type of leagues you guys play in, but in an NL a guy like Tomko is well worth owning. In fact his 13 wins alone kept him on someones roster last year in my league. I agree in a mixed league he's not worth owning, but he will be on a team in my league.
As far as the Giants rotation, I agree it isn't the type of rotation you'd expect from a teams that's been consistently approaching winning 100 games, but it is far from awful.
Schmidt is one of the best pitchers in the NL, in the game really. Rueter is an awful fantasy pitcher but he does three things well, get himself into trouble on the mound, get himself out of trouble on the mound, and WIN. Williams is a great up and comer with #2, maybe even ace potential. Lastly, Hermanson and Tomko are veterans who are capable of putting up good numbers (look at Hermanson's numbers in his starts with the Giants, very good), if one of the two has a solid season the rotation will be fine. Sorry just got to defend my Giants.
Jon
smallface99

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby swingaway » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:12 am

eftda wrote:Just because he is in a Pitchers Park, doesn't mean he will be that good. :-t BAD move by Sabean.

i agree this guy stinks
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers